Power Hacksaw Rebuild

Sam, I bought the paint at HD. The first can I used did not seem to work that well, the can I just opened is much better. They don't have a huge selection, but there are several colors. I wanted to keep mine in a gray tone. They have an industrial grade, maybe I should have used that.

Paul

Did not get too much done today, but I do have a few pictures. As you can see I started on the slots for the screws that allow the weight to be adjusted. Hope to finish tomorrow.

Paul

000_0513 - Copy.JPG 000_0515 - Copy.JPG 000_0514 - Copy.JPG 000_0516 - Copy.JPG

Well I finished up the weight today. Tomorrow I'll bead blast and paint. Getting close to reassembly just a few more parts to make.

Paul

000_0524 copy.jpg 000_0525 copy.jpg

I know I posted a picture of the before pictures on another thread but I thought I would post them on this thread also.

Paul

000_0478 copy.jpg 000_0479 copy.jpg 000_0480 copy.jpg

Even though there seem to be very little interest in this type of rebuild I thought I would post a few more pictures. I have not had a lot of time to work on the saw I do it as time becomes available. So anyway, here are the pictures.

Pictures 3 & 4 are of the pivot setup for the blade elevator the pin lying on top is the original pin. It was peened over on the end to hold the arm in place. The one I made is already in place. The difference is I left a head on the mine and pressed it in place

Paul

000_0526 copy.jpg 000_0527 copy.jpg 000_0529 copy.jpg 000_0530 copy.jpg 000_0539 copy.jpg 000_0540 copy.jpg 000_0541 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I bet you are wrong. I have been following this thread with interest and I suspect others have as well. Thank you for documenting this.

Very nicely done Paul, you will love it. Mine going on a 100yrs old, one of the most used shop machines just defies age Perfectly.
sam

full view.jpg

Now that is a nice saw. Thanks for the picture. Looks like you have plenty of room in your shop.

Paul

Feel free to come over Paul your only 15 min through the woods of Rehoboth to here

sam 3500 sq feet and still out of room

Back