Power Hacksaw Rebuild

Sam,

I would like that. You'll need to give me your address.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

OK Paul as I dont know half the names of streets going through the woods not difficult, many quick ways; if not familiar--go by the Shrine
bang right on #118 all the way to #44 take a left on 44 headed for Taunton your going thru Rehoboth then into Dighton then a short piece
of Taunton, golf course on left start slowing down to an intersection take a right there going by a giant auto auction now your in No. Dighton
at the town line it turns into Williams st/ down the road apiece go left on Tremont right to the end. stop sign take right Old somerset ave
come to the end at Citgo gas station / stop sign you are now looking at my house Gray one. This is #138. go left and right infront of gas
station "Reeses" take that right Aquira Dr. slight hill with fancy granite high walls. First building lives my Model T Ford second build. our shop.
dont worry ya cant go any further than my shop the plant is gated. When you see my fleet of 1953 Fords your there. I'm always there
and if not maybe I just went to the packy but never more than 5min. Ya otta bring your fastback my kids are into those, Me, I'm more a
MEL 430 freak. My phone line in the shop is still down so?? so welcome

sam

excuse me folks I just relized I should have PM' ed this I got CRS

Sam, got your PM, thanks for the invite.

I had some time to work in the shop today so I finished assembling everything that was sitting ready to go on. I then started on the stationary vice.

So here are the pictures from today. The second picture is of the vice part I started turning on the lathe. This end of the vice will be in 2 pieces. Next I do some milling and then weld the 2 part together. The main section of the vice will have about 8 pieces. Should be interesting.

You will note the finished and painted weight along with the tensioner is now attached.

Paul

000_0542 copy.jpg 000_0543 copy.jpg 000_0544 copy.jpg 000_0545 copy.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup: GREAT JOB :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OK, got just a little more done today. This will be the stationary vice. No plans just working by the seat of my paints. Its a two piece vice, a little more machining and then weld them together. So here they are.

Paul

000_0546 copy.jpg 000_0547 copy.jpg 000_0548 copy.jpg 000_0550 copy.jpg 000_0551 copy.jpg

Today I finished up the work on fixed vice. I did mortise and press fit the two pieces together before welding. I also started prepping steel for the sliding portion of the vice as well as some layout. I did a count for this end of the vice, looks like it will take at least 12 pieces.

Paul

000_0552 copy.jpg 000_0555 copy.jpg 000_0560 copy.jpg 000_0561 copy.jpg

Back