My public quit smoking thread....

Well I figured I would post this. I have smoked for the last 12 years, started when I was 16. Smoked a pack to half a pack a day, 6 bucks a pack you get the idea lol. So I figured to give me some motivation I am going to put 6 bucks a day in a jar and use that money for my tooling fund :)) Anyone have any tips on not jumping back on the smokes? I haven't had one since 11:30 last night.

Anyone who doesn't smoke, don't start!!!!

Chris
Well Chris, Imagine you are walking a timeline of two weeks from the time you quit to the end of two weeks when things start to get easier. You started this thread on the 2/10/13 and we are almost to 2/15/13. 5 days is better than a third of the way there. There is a lot of positive energy pulling for you.
Good Luck

Hey, think about this... The nicotine in your system is virtually undetectable after 3-4 days of not smoking. It's those 3-4 days that really messes with your brain chemistry (yes, nicotine works on the parts of the brain that deals with addiction). The worst is over as far as your physical body is concerned. You're done. You're free now. The rest is all in your thinking so take each moment and be proud that you're taking control. Do different stuff like take walks etc.

I used to smoke cigars and they're every bit as addicting as smokes. -Went through this too.

Hang in there!

Anyone who chooses to quit smoking has my respect. One of the toughest things I've ever had to do is watch my Dad die of lung cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Hang in there. You will win.

It's going a lot better now!! These patches actually work imagine that. Lol. They itch a little when put on, but no other complaints. It's just breaking the habit of inhaling.Thank for the encouragement. Chris

Thank you guys. I will try the altoids. Billy, here in Ohio that's what Marbs are going for. Go over to West Virginia even cheaper. The last carton I bought over there it was 52 bucks.

Chris

Heck, your right down Rt 7 from here.
We used to get them for about $3.50 a pack over here.
Are you still off of them?

Well I have successfully jumped on the band wagon. After 38 years of smoking and trying everything to quit I tried chantix under the advice of my doctor. I have been taking it for 1 month now and I gotta say for me it works great, the cravings started going away almost immediately. I have been smoke free for almost 3 weeks now (19 days) and I am not loosing my mind. The only side effects I have had from the chantix is more dreams, and weird ones, and a little more tired than usual. I will take it for the next month just to be sure I beat this addiction. Like I said, for me it works great!

Well I have successfully jumped on the band wagon. After 38 years of smoking and trying everything to quit I tried chantix under the advice of my doctor. I have been taking it for 1 month now and I gotta say for me it works great, the cravings started going away almost immediately. I have been smoke free for almost 3 weeks now (19 days) and I am not loosing my mind. The only side effects I have had from the chantix is more dreams, and weird ones, and a little more tired than usual. I will take it for the next month just to be sure I beat this addiction. Like I said, for me it works great!
With all that money your saving, you can get some tooling or something. Sounds like you have it whipped. Good Luck!

Back