My new Sheldon has landed and I have many questions!

do you have the wood inserts for all your drawers that holds all the tooling?

The only insert I have is for my 5C collets but also mine does not match the template in manuals. I have more collets than originally and it appears to be remade.

i saw that it is not original i have the original inserts if you are interested i am going to try to learn today how to send pictures i will be 67 years old and i am terrible on a computer thats why i reached out to you as maybe you could understand it i did learn to text and use a cell phone what is a safe way to give you my cell number as i can send pictures using it please help me with my gearing as i am not a machinist i was 16 when i got the lathe for one hundred dollars my parents had to sign for me to get it lol thanks les

Hello folks!

I just spent some time with @artist les on the phone. Great guy. He will send me the photos and I will share them with you. He is an artist when it comes to woodworking. High-end woodworking. As he mentioned, 67 years old, but his body/mind has reached a point where he can't work as he used to.

Volunteered myself to help him learn his way through the forum.

Welcome to the forum @artist les !!! Great bunch of folks here willing to help.

He is looking for information on some parts dimensions. For example, is this angled iron 1/8" or 1/4" thick? He wants to confirm to determine if he repairs it with the correct thickness...

AL-10.jpeg

He made the inserts... made templates to be able to make more.

You can see several spare locks... in the preview photos...

Lathe is being repainted by a local shop (friend of his). He will share photos of that as well.

Last edited:
He is trying to restore the lathe to like brand new condition and has lots of questions. But also he is willing to help others with some of the stuff he has done (wood related) as well as some spare parts like the locks. So if anyone needs some of those locks, reach out to him.

He needs a set of cast iron jaws for the steady rest... 15" bed 11" swing and 36" (he thinks) length.

Also needs the plate and bolt for the steady rest as well...

I will continue to share as he sends me more information.

AL-11.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think I have that mount. Can this be confirmed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 14
hi the mount soley is mounted from front of lathe to the back mounted only to the bench thank you

Back