My new Sheldon has landed and I have many questions!

He is looking for information on some parts dimensions. For example, is this angled iron 1/8" or 1/4" thick? He wants to confirm to determine if he repairs it with the correct thickness...

View attachment 476909

He made the inserts... made templates to be able to make more.

You can see several spare locks... in the preview photos...

Lathe is being repainted by a local shop (friend of his). He will share photos of that as well.

it is the longest piece under the number 1 thank you so much for helping me

It’s possible I don’t have that part any more? I know it doesn’t have the transport stop for the motor anymore.

i will send you a picture somehow as i do not no how to send pictures however it lifts the motor up so you can mess with the two belts one from motor to large pulley iwill send information thank you did you see my drawer inserts ?

I don’t think I have that mount. Can this be confirmed?
i do not see it the lock side of the door of cabinet way at the lowest point of door and inside of cabinet you might find a 3/8 hole drilled in steel thats what the bracket bolts to

Could you clarify what this bolt is and where the war tags would be?
The war finish tag might be on the left side headstock gearing cover. They made some for the Army, like yours with the angled legs for fitting into a truck and a ball and socket tail stock side base that you loosen while driving and tightened up when parked. I guess the flex in the truck could bend the ways. They also made a normal base model for the Navy. Which is what I think mine is.

Attachments

• IMG_9937.jpeg
    IMG_9937.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back