My new mill drill

Does anybody know the thread size for the flat small lube fitting on the front and back of the rf-30 table. The front one is ok but the back is buggered up and I can see threads in there. Do they sell those little lube fittings?
I have not seen a ball oiler that does not have a press fit mounting, if that is what you are speaking of.

Yeah thanks Bob I just got the messed up oiler out and they look like press fit I will measure and order some. I'm not sure how many are on this mill but i do see one on the vice. I have never really seen these so it's a learning process. I'm ready to start on the base. I think I will use klean strip on it and wrap in plastic for a few hours and paint in rustoleam.

Speed change pulley bearings. Before I complete destroy this friggin thing do they come off towards the bolt?

Almost finished. Replace spindle bearings with angular type using Mikeys tutorial. Replaced pulley taper hearings SKFand tensioner bearings with the same. Had to build out my work bench a foot or so and just cleaned it up a little paint and soon we will see how she cuts. I need a couple hand wheels if anybody wants to sell me. I want a DRO and power feed next not sure which I should do first any suggestions ? I got this far because if this forum so thanks to all. Mark

Attachments

• 20190707_102109.jpg
    20190707_102109.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190707_102032.jpg
    20190707_102032.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190707_102049.jpg
    20190707_102049.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 31
Almost finished. Replace spindle bearings with angular type using Mikeys tutorial. Replaced pulley taper hearings SKFand tensioner bearings with the same. Had to build out my work bench a foot or so and just cleaned it up a little paint and soon we will see how she cuts. I need a couple hand wheels if anybody wants to sell me. I want a DRO and power feed next not sure which I should do first any suggestions ? I got this far because if this forum so thanks to all. Mark
Steady steady wins the race .Nice job on the mill looks like it will be better than new with a touch more fetling

Looks very nice, Mark!

Vertical end play on my RF-30. I got the mill together and made some test cuts. Then when changing out the collet I feel the spindle move up and down. I know that can't be right. Do I need a bigger thrust washer? I used angular bearings that were a tad shorter but made it up with a thrust washer. But this is like a sixteenth or so . I guess I tear it back down ? Anybody have this trouble?

Do you have spindle play, or sleeve play? You can take the play out of the sleeve by closing the gap on the fine Z bevel gear. Just loosen the bolts on the 90-degree gear housing, adjust, and tighten. I did this over the weekend on mine, went from .020" play down to .004" and feel better for it.

Hey Pontiac it is spindle play not sleeve play. I took great care putting this mill back together and operating it you have to follow methodical steps to get a nice result so I have to dial in my patience and not skip steps and check my tightening and good work holding protocol. I wonder if this helped in my problem check thumbnail I know better but sometimes I do stupid things. I had a a small piece of 6061 in the vice and was not supported like a normal person would do and it was ok until I took a heavier pass and it snapped that end mill like a twig. So i need to slow down a little and not do things i know are dicey. I hope I did not do any major damage. That vertical end play has got my worried.

Attachments

• 20190718_101150.jpg
    20190718_101150.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9
Back