My new mill drill

I'm new to all this posting and stuff, and in fact machining. Thinking about grizzly 1126 mill that has been in a fire and has been tipped over, needs lots of clean up. it does run. my biggest concern is the tipping over part. anyone have some thoughts on that.
hope this post isn't in the wrong place.

If it is really cheap it might be worthwhile, but it would have to be really cheap.

Rust will be a major concern even in areas where you don't usually worry about rust, heat and steam (firefighting operations tend to make lots of steam) will have gotten moisture into everything. Many of the chemicals in smoke are also corrosive particularly when mixed with water into a nasty sludge.
If you don't see signs of actual flame impingement, or other major heat impact like burnt off paint, melting of plastic and low temp metals etc then it may be ok. High heat can change the properties of the metal, and definitely compromises wiring so it is something to look for.

The tipping over is probably the least concern. If mostly handles and such, those can be replaced. Cast iron is not easily repaired, so damage to the main body or table probably means it is best used as a parts machine.

Agree with Boswell, a new thread will get you more views / comments.

Thank you for your reply, i am fumbling around on this forum. I have decided against the burned up g1126.

Back