Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

I thought the prices looked pretty good until I saw that shipping charge, wow!

He mentioned the factory is in Thailand, not sure if that was a mistake and it is Taiwan, but I would gladly take a vacation in either country, but I would have to take my wife, so the shipping charge might be a bargain!
Sorry, yes you are correct - Taiwan. Have a cold with already having Covid Brain Fog...

I am going to throw this out there @jareese ... There are a couple of other places that sell lathes that are either identical to the Eisen or very similar. @mksj and I have discussed this in the past, but honestly, I don't remember the conclusion. Mark might have more info.
The ones that I can think of at the moment are...

I realize these are long shots, but it might be worth trying. I think if I were in your shoes I would try to repair the saddle and then repair or replace the remainder of the parts.
I've got the parts on order - it will still be 30-45 days out vs 60-80 if shipping Ocean. (Very rough estimates)

I'm late the game here. I'm so sorry that happened but I'm glad no one got hurt.

Good call on the new parts, that's what I would have did also.

The cost of parts is not that bad, but the shipping.... Holy Cow!

I'm late the game here. I'm so sorry that happened but I'm glad no one got hurt.

Good call on the new parts, that's what I would have did also.

The cost of parts is not that bad, but the shipping.... Holy Cow!
yeah, it's a kick in the shin alright. Expensive lessons are learned very quickly... Could have been worse.. MUCH worse.

Crazy and weird Sh*t man. Never felt like this before. I know "getting older" is part of it, but I ain't that old yet. I've gone to feeling downright stupid after covid.
I'm going through the some thing. I don't know how my wife and I made it.

Last edited:
I am going to throw this out there @jareese ... There are a couple of other places that sell lathes that are either identical to the Eisen or very similar. @mksj and I have discussed this in the past, but honestly, I don't remember the conclusion. Mark might have more info.
The ones that I can think of at the moment are...

I realize these are long shots, but it might be worth trying. I think if I were in your shoes I would try to repair the saddle and then repair or replace the remainder of the parts.
The Kent and Sharp appear to be the same saddle, unfortunately, it also appears to be different than the precision Matthews or the Eisen

Back