Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

Crazy and weird Sh*t man. Never felt like this before. I know "getting older" is part of it, but I ain't that old yet. I've gone to feeling downright stupid after covid.
I hear ya. I have had Covid twice in the last 12 months (fully vax'd and boosted) plus I had a severe accident that resulted in a brain injury in 2020. If this stuff keeps happening to me I will be walking around draggin' my knuckles and mumbling.

I hear ya. I have had Covid twice in the last 12 months (fully vax'd and boosted) plus I had a severe accident that resulted in a brain injury in 2020. If this stuff keeps happening to me I will be walking around draggin' my knuckles and mumbling.
Wow, I know you may think we were crazy but we passed on the Vax

Oh geezus man. I’m sorry to hear that

Wow, I know you may think we were crazy but we passed on the Vax
Yeah, my (OUR, my equals “our”) 2 boys did too. The oldest has had it twice that I know of possibly three and the youngest has probably had it twice as well. Youngest won’t even get tested for it. He doesn’t trust the test even. Can’t say I fully trust much anything, but I wonder how bad the Covid would have been had I not been double Vaxxed.

Anyhoo, this post is not about Covid. We could go down some deep, rabbit holes here, how about we get back on topic?

Back to the topic. I would not get the parts from any other manufacturer even if they are cheaper. The lathes may appear the same but that's no guarantee the parts will fit. From what I have read/heard, all the machines don't come from the same factory, as is often believed. There are many factories. The reason many of the machines look the same or similar is, the plans to build them all came from the Chinese government who distributed the plans as part of their Industrial Revolution. The factories make subtile design changes, thus the parts my not be interchangeable.

In my personal experience, with my milling machine, some replacement parts did not fit perfectly. Bolt and pin holes were in different locations, even though they were made by the same manufacturer for the same model of machine, only in different years. I wound up having to drill and or tap new holes in the parts to get them to fit.

Back to the topic. I would not get the parts from any other manufacturer even if they are cheaper.

If I were in @jareese shoes, I'd want my lathe up and running ASAP, and without compromise. And purchasing factory parts, where there isn't any guess work, is a straight path. The cost is what the cost is. Moving forward...

If I were in @jareese shoes, I'd want my lathe up and running ASAP, and without compromise. And purchasing factory parts, where there isn't any guess work, is a straight path. The cost is what the cost is. Moving forward...
Yep, precisely what I’m doing. Expensive lessons are ones learned very quickly.

Can you take a picture of the matting surfaces to the lathe bed? The one picture you show doesn’t show the scraping very well. I’m curious as to the fitment of a modern machine.

Can you take a picture of the matting surfaces to the lathe bed? The one picture you show doesn’t show the scraping very well. I’m curious as to the fitment of a modern machine.
It isn’t very good in my uneducated and inexperienced opinion

Last edited:
Ok - so found some more damage after getting the feedshaft turning. The leadscrew is bent quite severely, the thread chase gauge is cracked (broke after trying to tap straight - cast metal sucks for this) the bracket that attaches the power feed lever is cracked and mostly broken off after doing test runs checking speeds and direction changes..... So more parts ordered.... Still better than it COULD have been.....

:confused:

Back