Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

It looks like the parts prices are reasonable, unfortunately the DHL shipping is extreme. It might be possible for Eisen to get the parts included with their next shipment of lathes and then ship the parts to you for less. But it may be an unreasonable wait. Anyway, the lathe will be 100% repaired and that's the good news!

Well... Painful mishap.

View attachment 442304

*Edited for ease of reading
Holy crap. Is that shipping charge from China or is it from their California location? If it is from California, that is excessive. I wonder if they could ship it in two shipments.
@jareese Do you have any idea how much that saddle weighs? If it is below 70 lbs, it can ship by regular UPS or FedEx. Actually, I believe you can ship up to 150 lbs, but that would be very spendy. I would inquire into doing two shipments via standard UPS or FedEx.

Holy crap. Is that shipping charge from China or is it from their California location? If it is from California, that is excessive. I wonder if they could ship it in two shipments.
@jareese Do you have any idea how much that saddle weighs? If it is below 70 lbs, it can ship by regular UPS or FedEx. Actually, I believe you can ship up to 150 lbs, but that would be very spendy. I would inquire into doing two shipments via standard UPS or FedEx.

It's coming from the factory in Thailand... They said they have another machine there with the correct parts but the factory won't let them take the parts off.

It's coming from the factory in Thailand... They said they have another machine there with the correct parts but the factory won't let them take the parts off.
Ugghhhh. Well, that is unfortunate. I am wondering if anyone in the States has one, possibly a different brand but the same casting.

That they’re willing to separate? Haven’t found any yet.

I thought the prices looked pretty good until I saw that shipping charge, wow!

Wow, for the price of the shipping you could almost take a holiday flight to Taiwan and bring the parts home in a suitcase.
He mentioned the factory is in Thailand, not sure if that was a mistake and it is Taiwan, but I would gladly take a vacation in either country, but I would have to take my wife, so the shipping charge might be a bargain!

I thought the prices looked pretty good until I saw that shipping charge, wow!

He mentioned the factory is in Thailand, not sure if that was a mistake and it is Taiwan, but I would gladly take a vacation in either country, but I would have to take my wife, so the shipping charge might be a bargain!
Hi, I don't think there's a choice as the manufacturer makes the call on what shipping outfit to use.

I am going to throw this out there @jareese ... There are a couple of other places that sell lathes that are either identical to the Eisen or very similar. @mksj and I have discussed this in the past, but honestly, I don't remember the conclusion. Mark might have more info.
The ones that I can think of at the moment are...

I realize these are long shots, but it might be worth trying. I think if I were in your shoes I would try to repair the saddle and then repair or replace the remainder of the parts.

Back