Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

Well - UPS was at the house and dropped off 2 crates for me from Eisen. Got the saddle, cross slide lead screw and handle, and the main lead screw.... Nothing else... Everything is on the packing list.... Got ahold of Terry at Eisen, he (assuming it's a guy?) apologized stating he didn't open the crates to inspect and he will get me the parts.
So all in all, it's been pretty awesome dealing with Eisen - wish they had parts on hand though, so far everything comes from the Factory in Taiwan.. :confused:

Heard back from Terry at Eisen today actually. They have most of the parts, I think there may have been some misunderstanding on the thread dial housing as he only showed the dial. I think I can make the other housing work as it had only had a small portion broken off. I’ll need to verify on my first threads.
I told them to ship out what they have, I’ll get everything put back together and do some testing, then let them know. He stated they would ship via DHL and supply tracking when available. Waiting on that.

Getting pretty anxious to get this going… it’s been a long, nerve wracking and expensive journey.

Yeah…. Been seeing that. Crazy.

Ten years ago, I could buy salvage metals, drops, and surplus blanks, cleaned and identified, by the pound- $0.09 for steel, $0.11 for stainless, $0.20 for aluminum.

How many times should something double in price in 10 years? These prices have doubled 5-10x.

The inflation rate hit a peak of 7% annual in 2021. At the rate of inflation, it should take 10.3 years for prices to double, not one to two.

Back