Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

jareese

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Getting real now.
Garage shop is almost complete, been waiting on the Electrician to bring wiring up for subpanel. He's a busy guy, but a buddy so should keep cost down. (That's gonna be fun at almost 100' from the basement to the far side of the garage...) The Split unit was delivered the other day, I went with a Mr. Cool 12,000 BTU, 22 SEER. Should be more than adequate I think. I may end up adjusting/adding insulation or a solid barrier in the "attic", as it is open to the rest of the house attic area. Time will tell. At least that will be relatively inexpensive.

Update us man, the suspense is killing me! Pics... pics!

Update us man, the suspense is killing me! Pics... pics!
Seems almost like it a was doomed from the get go…
The delivery guy almost had the lathe fall on him from the lift gate. Everyone is ok. Lathe didn’t fall there, but all were shook up.

It was put in my garage with the headstock in the wrong direction. All I have to say at the moment is I should have gotten a pallet jack.

No need for anyone to say what I should have done. I didn’t do what I “should have done”

Expensive lessons are learned very quickly.

Having to spin the machine isn't the end of the world. I'm sure the guys here will have lots of suggestions how!

Seems almost like it a was doomed from the get go…
The delivery guy almost had the lathe fall on him from the lift gate. Everyone is ok. Lathe didn’t fall there, but all were shook up.

It was put in my garage with the headstock in the wrong direction. All I have to say at the moment is I should have gotten a pallet jack.

No need for anyone to say what I should have done. I didn’t do what I “should have done”

Expensive lessons are learned very quickly.
They used a lift gate to lower that lathe? It has to weigh in at 2000 pounds plus right?

Lathe is over 2600 lbs when shipped, which is about the same weight as mine. Nobody I spoke to would use a lift gate to deliver mine, very dangerous to use truck lift gate at that weight, glad it wasn't damaged in the delivery. They are awkward to move, and they are very top heavy.

Yes that they are. It’s on its face.
Waiting for a guy to come over to help right it and assess the damage.
2370 was the shipping weight on this one

Back