Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

Heard back from Terry at Eisen today actually. They have most of the parts, I think there may have been some misunderstanding on the thread dial housing as he only showed the dial. I think I can make the other housing work as it had only had a small portion broken off. I’ll need to verify on my first threads.
I told them to ship out what they have, I’ll get everything put back together and do some testing, then let them know. He stated they would ship via DHL and supply tracking when available. Waiting on that.

Getting pretty anxious to get this going… it’s been a long, nerve wracking and expensive journey.
Delivery date set for May 17th. Shipping DHL direct from Taiwan.

There is a lot of fuzzy math in the inflation numbers- go figure. There are about a million assumptions built into the formulas which may or may not be relevant or even fair to the average person. We all could see that even when inflation was supposedly <2%, lots of stuff was going up at a much higher rate. The equation discounts inflation for perceived improvements made to products so for instance an auto that increases 5000 in price might only be credited with a partial increase due to " improvements " made. Also you need to keep in mind that inflation compounds so a 10% increase one year and the same dollar amount increase in year two will show as a 9% increase and make us feel better, etc. Month over month are also misleading as you always need to know the rate of increase in the denominator to assess whether progress is being made.

You are not likely to get accurate details from the government or media when math is involved.

Dave

Heard back from Terry at Eisen today actually. They have most of the parts, I think there may have been some misunderstanding on the thread dial housing as he only showed the dial. I think I can make the other housing work as it had only had a small portion broken off. I’ll need to verify on my first threads.
I told them to ship out what they have, I’ll get everything put back together and do some testing, then let them know. He stated they would ship via DHL and supply tracking when available. Waiting on that.

Getting pretty anxious to get this going… it’s been a long, nerve wracking and expensive journey.
Great News! The parts are out for delivery today!!

Yea and nice looking lathe and workspace.
Thanks. Still have a lot of clean up and organizing to do. Still need to install the split unit, run electrical for it, get the bench cleaned off and possibly resurfaced.
Lots to do yet, but at least I can concentrate on that stuff now that the lathe is fixed.

That is awesome @jareese ! It has been quite the ride for you. Glad to see it finally sitting in its spot.

Oh, I'm not sure if you have enough Mobil Oil. LOL :dunno:

Back