Wrench storage

Amazon has multiple, similar options:
As I do . If I used all the wrench holders , I'd have to buy more boxes ............................which I AM NOT DOING ! Between socket holders and wrench holders , they take up more room than the tools themselves . Now , where in the heck are those rakes ? :big grin:

That one in the front (which looks somewhat unmodified) reminds me of what are called Service Wrenches or Pump Wrenches.

Their short length, thin profile, & wide opening (sizes) is why I like to use them for my collet chucks. No idea what their intended use is for though, hydraulics is what I always assumed.
Hydraulics . For fittings that only a midget can only get to and have 2"s to work in . :grin:

Well, dang it, that's just great. Now that I know what to search for- Armstrong pump wrenches and Proto service wrenches; suddenly I can fill that gap. I have tappet wrenches, but they're long and give me grief sometimes. I have ignition wrenches, but that's for smaller stuff. I have cone wrenches, but they're small and metric. What I've been missing are service wrenches for sure, and pump wrenches for the larger stuff. I thank you, but my wallet is definitely giving you side eyes right now.

How you fixed on crows foot wrenches?

I have an entire set I used one wrench from 35yrs ago and have not needed one since.

Well, dang it, that's just great. Now that I know what to search for- Armstrong pump wrenches and Proto service wrenches; suddenly I can fill that gap. I have tappet wrenches, but they're long and give me grief sometimes. I have ignition wrenches, but that's for smaller stuff. I have cone wrenches, but they're small and metric. What I've been missing are service wrenches for sure, and pump wrenches for the larger stuff. I thank you, but my wallet is definitely giving you side eyes right now.
Search no more ! :grin:

The rakes must be a joke with the pegboard holes already there. I do the same thing only with pegboard hangers. I use 2 hangers about 5 inches long. Metric on one of them and Standard on the other. I've tried all kinds of ways to keep my tools organized and the pegboard hangers are the best for my go to wrenches which are H/F. I've got plenty of the expensive tools but they stay in the drawers of my roll arounds and I very seldom use any of them. For my sockets I use these and they are snapped to the outside of the box. Which leaves plenty of room in the drawers for drill indexes pilers ratchets screwdrivers etc, etc. These socket holders are magnetic and come in red and blue. Red for metric and Blue for SAE

718NrajPkkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The rakes must be a joke with the pegboard holes already there. I do the same thing only with pegboard hangers. I use 2 hangers about 5 inches long. Metric on one of them and Standard on the other.

My version for ignition wrenches, metric & inch (from Machinist’s Workshop Aug-Sep 2022):

IMG_8330.jpeg

The hanger on the right is used to “land” the wrenches that are removed from the peg to access the needed one.

Back