Wrench storage

Well, dang it, that's just great. Now that I know what to search for- Armstrong pump wrenches and Proto service wrenches; suddenly I can fill that gap. I have tappet wrenches, but they're long and give me grief sometimes. I have ignition wrenches, but that's for smaller stuff. I have cone wrenches, but they're small and metric. What I've been missing are service wrenches for sure, and pump wrenches for the larger stuff. I thank you, but my wallet is definitely giving you side eyes right now.
Think of these as short tappet wrenches on steroids:

IMG_8310.jpeg

Available in metric & inch for ~$26 per set.

Had to learn a long time ago that even organized out in the open: tools walk off. If the garden rake (missing it's handle) idea appeals to you. I have 1 or 2 available for shipping cost + $10 in the lower 48 states. Hit me with a pm if you like.

Once upon a time I got to be an industrial mechanic. Needing 2 of everything in the common tools area became evident. So, I didn't like any of the tool holder solutions offered by the job trucks or Sears. This was the mid 90s. All I had was a large Craftsman toolbox. Tools need to fit in an organized manner for speedy work. Given the fixed height of the drawers, I found the angle necessary for each pair of wrench sizes that would fit. Since I was young & responsible for raising a family on a tight budget, this was my solution (see pic). 1 1/4" down x 2. Now, I have a wood shop & can make something much more appropriate & nice out of wood. Too many things are more important to me.

So, hey, if you want to print a few off on your 3D? I'll send the drawings I made giving the dimensions!

Attachments

• 20241013 .jpg
    20241013 .jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 24
Well, dang it, that's just great. Now that I know what to search for- Armstrong pump wrenches and Proto service wrenches; suddenly I can fill that gap. I have tappet wrenches, but they're long and give me grief sometimes. I have ignition wrenches, but that's for smaller stuff. I have cone wrenches, but they're small and metric. What I've been missing are service wrenches for sure, and pump wrenches for the larger stuff. I thank you, but my wallet is definitely giving you side eyes right now.
You have no striking wrenches?! Some people... ;-)

GsT

Had to learn a long time ago that even organized out in the open: tools walk off. If the garden rake (missing it's handle) idea appeals to you. I have 1 or 2 available for shipping cost + $10 in the lower 48 states. Hit me with a pm if you like.

Once upon a time I got to be an industrial mechanic. Needing 2 of everything in the common tools area became evident. So, I didn't like any of the tool holder solutions offered by the job trucks or Sears. This was the mid 90s. All I had was a large Craftsman toolbox. Tools need to fit in an organized manner for speedy work. Given the fixed height of the drawers, I found the angle necessary for each pair of wrench sizes that would fit. Since I was young & responsible for raising a family on a tight budget, this was my solution (see pic). 1 1/4" down x 2. Now, I have a wood shop & can make something much more appropriate & nice out of wood. Too many things are more important to me.

So, hey, if you want to print a few off on your 3D? I'll send the drawings I made giving the dimensions!
40 years ago Craftsman had these:

20241014 Craftsman Wrench Storage.jpeg
I have three pairs in this drawer, but unless I move the car I can't open the drawer farther than this (not allowed to drive until January at the earliest and I'm saving the episode of my wife backing the car out of the garage for when she needs to get the inspection in December).

Amazon has multiple, similar options:

20241014 Amazon Wrench Storage.png

40 years ago Craftsman had these:

View attachment 505752
I have three pairs in this drawer, but unless I move the car I can't open the drawer farther than this (not allowed to drive until January at the earliest and I'm saving the episode of my wife backing the car out of the garage for when she needs to get the inspection in December).

Amazon has multiple, similar options:

View attachment 505753
Cheers ChazzC, you post has just motivated me to sort out shifting my spanners off the wall, on to the side of my cheap 'shipping-damaged/returns/seconds' eBay roll tool-chest (I don't know why, but I keep forgetting there's hook holes in the side of it and thus fail to see that surface as a potential storage location).

The current storage (two of the sharks teeth racks on those plastic modular wall panels) inefficiently takes up valuable wall real-estate, that should be better used for something else. ;)

I got the equivalent Amazon.co.uk offering of the two piece WorkPro.

Space for 24 spanners? I'll be able to move some of my SAE spanners out of the metal card index drawers I have them chucked in...wait...

...now they'll be on display, I'll actually have to clean them up and make them presentable. :oops:

Bah...tempted to withdraw my thanks. :confused:

:grin:

Cheers ChazzC, you post has just motivated me to sort out shifting my spanners off the wall, on to the side of my cheap 'shipping-damaged/returns/seconds' eBay roll tool-chest (I don't know why, but I keep forgetting there's hook holes in the side of it and thus fail to see that surface as a potential storage location).

The current storage (two of the sharks teeth racks on those plastic modular wall panels) inefficiently takes up valuable wall real-estate, that should be better used for something else. ;)

I got the equivalent Amazon.co.uk offering of the two piece WorkPro.

Space for 24 spanners
Hey, thanks for the thanks! (something happened to the last part of your post; I’m sure it wasn’t important)

Hey, thanks for the thanks! (something happened to the last part of your post; I’m sure it wasn’t important)
Oh...well, since you expressed such an interest in the missing text...I was retracting my appreciation to you for you inspiration, on the basis that the extra space would force me to tidy up and clean the extra spanners I'd be effectively having out on display!

Providing inspiration is all well and good, but putting me in a position where I'd have to do extra cleaning work...

:finger wag:

:grin::grin::grin:

Back