What Did You Buy Today?

Read good reviews on this style drill bit grinder so thought I'd try one. Blew me away. Sharpened 3 different sized bits perfectly first try.
Have a Drill Doctor that acts more as a mortician.
View attachment 497287

Greg
I have been looking at this. How does it do with split points?

Used to lift back when, but now I get enough exercise working around the shop, or property. My favorite lifting is beer bottle, shot glass, and coffee cup in no particular order. Mike
So, I won't lie. I've been known to do sets during milling cycles on the CNC mill.
That new fangled CNC takes the manual (exercise) out of milling parts...

Haven't tried the split point feature, not sure I've ever used a split point bit?
Will try and get some pictures.
Tried a 7/64th bit, (1/8th was missing from the cabinet shop set), only had some aluminum scrap up there to test with, but it brought a long string up both flutes right to the chuck.
Vevor was the cheapest option up here, $366 CDN with CBN and diamond wheels.
Photos to follow, if I remember, lol
Greg

Bought a 1973 IH 500C dozer today. 668 original hrs, 6 way blade, garage kept, just used to plow snow. Mike
If you were a little closer I'd be knocking on your door to borrow your new toy ;) I have a few projects that a small dozer would be useful, have been getting by with the drag blade on the tractor and the blade on the compact excavator. Probably been watching too many heavy equipment channels for late-night youtube.

Looking forward to details when it arrives.

Last edited:
Read good reviews on this style drill bit grinder so thought I'd try one. Blew me away. Sharpened 3 different sized bits perfectly first try.
Have a Drill Doctor that acts more as a mortician.
View attachment 497287

Greg
I have a Drill Doctor 750X, which I'm not excited about. I had been eye-balling the Vevor version of the one you got, did a lot of reading and watching vids on it, they look like a much better design than the plastic Drill Doctor units. after much YouTubing I ended up getting a used US made, probably 20 or more year-old TDR (used to be SRD) drill grinder from Ebay at a great price (they're very expensive new). has a Baldor motor and came with a case of 6 new grinding stones. does drills up to 13/16" and the company is still in business. some of you will remember I bought 2 lots of mostly US made drill bits a month or 2 ago, posted on this forum. I sharpened about 100 of them in the last 2 weeks. have never had re-sharpened bits work as well as this. doesn't do split points but it does have a thinning the web setting that is very similar. it's also much quicker and easier to use than the 750X. resharpened both 135- and 118-degree bits. has a bunch of angle settings.

6-15-24.jpg

That looks like the real deal !
The drill doctor seamed to work when I first got it, but now never gets the clearance right. Maybe wear?

Greg

Back