What Did You Buy Today?

Thanks! It’s the same model a friend was teaching me to weld with. He does some pretty big scale stuff so it should be more than capable enough for what I’ll be using it for
How do you weld with open toed shoes? Splatter will burn like crazy. Also those don't look like cotton socks?????? Burn hazard...
Take care of your feet.. as someone who has gone through lots of **** with their feet, I can tell you that when your feet aren't doing well, you aren't doing well.

I was told to run .045 dual shield I would need more amps than the 210 could deliver. This info is from several welders that do it for a living.

How do you weld with open toed shoes? Splatter will burn like crazy. Also those don't look like cotton socks?????? Burn hazard...
Take care of your feet.. as someone who has gone through lots of **** with their feet, I can tell you that when your feet aren't doing well, you aren't doing well.
I think I mentioned in the original post that they’re weld proximity sensors. If I go oww then I’m standing too close. Didn’t have any problems in an hour or so of welding, though I did take a chunk out of a knuckle with a grinder. That hurt.

Two fantastic deals today:

First was about twenty each 2x4 and 2x6, between six and ten feet long, a bunch of osb, some nice 1” thick wood, three insulation panels and around four bags of r19 batts. Plus a case of expanding foam, some spray foam and gun, and a HF spray painting gun. Ask for $40! No pics though

Second was a fair bit further away, but an incredible deal. NASCAR team shop had moved and they were clearing out some stuff left behind. Sheet (including titanium!), solid bar up to 2.5”, scads of tubing and a bunch of tooling. All for $210 and a tank of gasIMG_3542.jpegIMG_3543.jpegIMG_3544.jpegIMG_3545.jpegIMG_3546.jpegIMG_3547.jpegIMG_3548.jpegIMG_3549.jpeg

Not a recent purchase (well, within the last 6 weeks) but only just got my hands on it. Octagonal ER32 Collet Block, courtesy of a friend and a favour.

Just waiting on the dodecagon one now (12 sided)

SAM_0043.JPG

Last edited:
Two fantastic deals today:

First was about twenty each 2x4 and 2x6, between six and ten feet long, a bunch of osb, some nice 1” thick wood, three insulation panels and around four bags of r19 batts. Plus a case of expanding foam, some spray foam and gun, and a HF spray painting gun. Ask for $40! No pics though

Second was a fair bit further away, but an incredible deal. NASCAR team shop had moved and they were clearing out some stuff left behind. Sheet (including titanium!), solid bar up to 2.5”, scads of tubing and a bunch of tooling. All for $210 and a tank of gasView attachment 495256View attachment 495257View attachment 495258View attachment 495259View attachment 495260View attachment 495261View attachment 495262View attachment 495263
:you suck:

I completely understand the corded, air, battery debate. For me I'm use specific. There is a time and a place for everything. So I keep my options open.

For work, I use battery tools all day. At home I may use air or corded or battery depending on I feel is the best choice. . On some work projects I take a corded tool and use for less than 10 minutes. Some would argue the need for 10 minutes. I'm fine with that and will allow them to use what they want as I will.

As mentioned it isn't a one size fits all.

Back