What Did You Buy Today?

Ordered, should be here Tuesday (have been waiting for a sale):

M12 Jig Saw.png
HD Deal + 10% Military Discount

M12 2_5 Battery.jpeg
Got two from Amazon for less than one at HD (sorry, price has gone up since yesterday)

M12 Charger.jpeg
Amazon again (was looking for a portable charger, but they're selling these for $12! 1 hour charge time vs. 3 hr for the USB version which is $50 at HD [OK, on sale from $70, but still])

Ordered, should be here Tuesday (have been waiting for a sale):

View attachment 495140
HD Deal + 10% Military Discount

View attachment 495141
Got two from Amazon for less than one at HD (sorry, price has gone up since yesterday)

View attachment 495142
Amazon again (was looking for a portable charger, but they're selling these for $12! 1 hour charge time vs. 3 hr for the USB version which is $50 at HD [OK, on sale from $70, but still])
Those are knock offs at that price.

nice. the way cordless tools are these days, I see no reason to buy much with a plug.

Plus this will run rings around my corded Skil jig saw. However, I wonder if Bosch has a battery version of their classic jig saw from long ago that you could plunge straight down into a 2x4?

that miller 210 is a beast, been running mine to death for almost 20 years
Thanks! It’s the same model a friend was teaching me to weld with. He does some pretty big scale stuff so it should be more than capable enough for what I’ll be using it for

Attachments

• IMG_2630.jpeg
    IMG_2630.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 23
nice. the way cordless tools are these days, I see no reason to buy much with a plug.
No offense but I beg to differ.
I sold a piece of property this spring. There were a couple of chain link fence gates that had been laying in the hedgerow for 20 years and brush had grown up through them. Had to remove them prior to sale date.
I lifted them up with a hilift jack and tried cutting the brush under them with this tool that I borrowed from a buddy. Brand new, high end blade. I thought it was a mostly worthless tool.
So I borrowed a 110v generator from my brother and used my good ol corded Milwaukee Super Sawzall. It made short work of the job. A corded Sawzall has a blade stroke of about 3/4". The battery job is only about half of that. Blade stroke matters a lot.
I have owned other cordless tools and they have their advantages - especially a cordless drill - but they can never do the hard and heavy work year in, year out that a corded tool will do.

Attachments

• 52920246318.jpg
    52920246318.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 19
No offense but I beg to differ.
I sold a piece of property this spring. There were a couple of chain link fence gates that had been laying in the hedgerow for 20 years and brush had grown up through them. Had to remove them prior to sale date.
I lifted them up with a hilift jack and tried cutting the brush under them with this tool that I borrowed from a buddy. Brand new, high end blade. I thought it was a mostly worthless tool.
So I borrowed a 110v generator from my brother and used my good ol corded Milwaukee Super Sawzall. It made short work of the job. A corded Sawzall has a blade stroke of about 3/4". The battery job is only about half of that. Blade stroke matters a lot.
I have owned other cordless tools and they have their advantages - especially a cordless drill - but they can never do the hard and heavy work year in, year out that a corded tool will do.
maybe I should have said, for what I do and with my Makita cordless tools. I've had a corded Milwaukee Sawzall for decades. bought a Makita 18V one years ago and haven't taken the corded one out of its case since. there are times though that corded tools rule. if I was drilling a lot of holes in concrete, I'd use my Milwaukee corded hammer drill. but when I drill concrete these days it's usually only a few holes like for mounting a grinder pedestal and I always grab the Makita cordless hammer drill.

Back