What Did You Buy Today?

It will. I will have to test it and see just how much it can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done 1/8" steel strap 1" wide on my DiAcro; it didn't even work up a sweat. The limit is the adjusting knobs that pull the fingers back from the bend line. Mine only moves to 1/8" from the bend line. I'm used to seeing a piece of angle iron on the bending table instead of bar stock though bar stock works fine. Here's a circa 2014 DiAcro brake manual & parts list in case you need it.

Attachments

• 24-FINGER-BRAKE-2014.pdf
    951.4 KB · Views: 10
I bought this a couple of days ago.
It was someone's marvelously CRUDE welding table. It had been made with a 12 guage top and was all warped, dreadful and wobbly. It is upside down in the photo.
Then they had welded a pretty clean 56" x 8 foot piece of 1/2" steel plate on top of that which was what I wanted.
I easily separated the 1/2" plate from the mess below it. Then put the legs, etc on craigslist free section. A scrapper was happy to come and get that yesterday.
Second photo shows the rest of the 1/2" plate after I cut off a piece for a project I'm working on. I will probably sell this.

Attachments

• 528202485838.jpg
    528202485838.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • 528202495533.jpg
    528202495533.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 30
I bought this a couple of days ago.
It was someone's marvelously CRUDE welding table. It had been made with a 12 guage top and was all warped, dreadful and wobbly. It is upside down in the photo.
Then they had welded a pretty clean 56" x 8 foot piece of 1/2" steel plate on top of that which was what I wanted.
I easily separated the 1/2" plate from the mess below it. Then put the legs, etc on craigslist free section. A scrapper was happy to come and get that yesterday.
Second photo shows the rest of the 1/2" plate after I cut off a piece for a project I'm working on. I will probably sell this.
A long time ago, in another stage in my life when I was starting up a new facility in Virginia I picked up a small 220V AC Welder for $50 (it was yellow, all I can remember; it was 40+ years ago), purchased a 6' lead & electrode holder, re-purposed a discarded 50' very heavy cable (the ends were a mess, so a friend and I cut back the bad part and each took half for use as ground cables), ran 220 to my garage and started making nasty looking but string serviceable welds. Sold everything off probably 5 years later since I wasn't using it very often, but should have kept the table: this was also discarded from a job site when the crew left; like most big job sites, the weldors faded up the table onsite and then moved on — 1/2" steel plate top, about 3' square, on 3" pipe legs. My friend delivered it to my garage where it sat for a couple of months until we moved back to Pennsylvania (the movers were not happy).

Di-Acro Finger Brake. It will bend up to 16ga. Mild steel. Model No. 24.

These are $6k new from the factory and usually about $1.5-2k on eBay. I swiped this bad boy for $600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a steal. Auction or personal sale?

Bought my first welder(s). Won the millermatic 210 for $600 (so $750 all in) including a welding helmet, near full 11lb roll of wire and a massive extension cable. Then when I went to pick it up today the auction guy asked if I was interested in the little red one as the buyer had backed out. Sure, how much? $200!! Only needs a ground clamp, a flow regulator and a bottle of argon. Lincoln square wave 175 tig :)

So just a sniff under a grand for two decent welders, assuming they work that isView attachment 495037
that miller 210 is a beast, been running mine to death for almost 20 years

Tried to buy a special deal, Harbor Freight has on their Hercules 20 Volt grease gun ...

Buy the battery, and charger starter Kit- and get the $139 grease gun or other tool for free... Unfortunately No battery and charger kits in stock, so maybe next week when freight comes in. They had the gun but will not honor the deal if buying the tool before the battery charger kits arrive.

Back