What Did You Buy Today?

@Firstram
Not yet. Last weekend I welded in and painted the bracketing to hold the aftercooler. And now I possess everything needed but the time. I’m in Waukesha, WI visiting my first grandchild (my avatar). I’m hoping to get it done when I’m home this weekend. I have to machine the flange which shouldn’t take much.

When I was shopping for copper tubing I forgot that pipe and tube are measured differently. It was difficult finding a short section but a buddy came through for me with 3/4” exactly what I asked for, only I needed 5/8. There was no way I was going to say anything and will make it work . I had to return and order new fittings.

I’ll post photos and progress. Thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
Saw the stand in person today. Wonder how square it cuts in the stand?
A friend of mine was raving about his after weeks of waiting for any HF to stock one in a 30-mile radius. For limited space it seems like a workable alternative to a horizontal saw- after accepting any tradeoffs, of course.

I’ve been thinking about band saw options for a long time. I need a way to cut stock that’s not by hand. I had one of the cheapish ubiquitous 4 1/2 universal band saws a few years ago, but the floor space it took up was too much for my small workshop.

So I bought this:

e26b3e51734c1a72188b08f1dd12c977.jpg

245dbd6c4f8178729f10d2109dd98928.jpg

It’ll fit on a shelf when not in use and not take up the space on the floor. As luck would have it, the day I finally decided to pull the trigger, the company had a discount of £120 on it!

Despite it being physically smaller than the common 4.5 inch universal band saws, it has a larger 5 inch capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been thinking about band saw options for a long time. I need a way to cut stock that’s not by hand. I had one of the cheapish ubiquitous 4 1/2 universal band saws a few years ago, but the floor space it took up was too much for my small workshop.

So I bought this:

It’ll fit on a shelf when not in use and not take up the space on the floor. As luck would have it, the day I finally decided to pull the trigger, the company had a discount of £120 on it!

Despite it being physically smaller than the common 4.5 inch universal band saws, it has a larger 5 inch capacity.

I like mine. Different color, but same one. It has kept me from buying a larger one. You will enjoy using it.

And easy to store away when not needed.

And you can easily make a table for it...

IMG_4398.jpeg

I like mine. Different color, but same one. It has kept me from buying a larger one. You will enjoy using it.

And easy to store away when not needed.

And you can easily make a table for it...

View attachment 469888

The plan was to add a table so I can use it as a vertical as well. Glad to see it’s not too difficult!

So I bought this:

Ah...I ordered a really cheap bandsaw off AliExpress and it's due to be delivered probably next week but now I've seen this, I've literally just gone to Warco's site and ordered from one from them. This Warco jobbie is only about £70 more and has a bigger capacity.

I'll return the AliExpress saw when it arrives.

Cheers Ben, you probably saved me a load of grief; I figured a lot of frustration adjusting everything to get the blade to run straight and true would be part of the price I paid but I suspect the Warco will be much better (although probably there'll be some fiddling, which will get on my **** a bit! :grin: )

Back