What Did You Buy Today?

Ah...I ordered a really cheap bandsaw off AliExpress and it's due to be delivered probably next week but now I've seen this, I've literally just gone to Warco's site and ordered from one from them. This Warco jobbie is only about £70 more and has a bigger capacity.

I'll return the AliExpress saw when it arrives.

Cheers Ben, you probably saved me a load of grief; I figured a lot of frustration adjusting everything to get the blade to run straight and true would be part of the price I paid but I suspect the Warco will be much better (although probably there'll be some fiddling, which will get on my **** a bit! :grin: )

Oh that’s good to hear - glad to help! Warco tends to be one of the better places to buy machinery in the uk. Ive bought a couple of machines and some tooling from them and Ive always been happy with the quality and service.

I’ve only had a quick test today but so far it seems to be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up having a windfall sale from ebay of some stuff I got at the transfer station. Ended up a solar company was cleaning out their storage unit and getting rid of some "deadman" 15KV plugs brand new. Anyways I ended up leaving that place with more stuff than I brought to it. With the money I received ended up getting a Bambu Labs 3d Printer.

Looking forward to using it with my kid hopefully not just pulling files off the internet but using CAD to build shapes. It'll be a slow moving learning curve but hopefully I can get his attention long enough so he can model something himself.

Bambu Labs P1S w/ AMS

Well, given everyone is banging on about their purchases (did you even read the thread title Steve? It's what the thread is for!), I've been splashing the cash a bit recently.

Today I popped out to the steel fabricator that cut and drilled my lathe stand top and picked up some mild steel plate offcuts:

20231208_184728.jpg

(left to right, 20mm, 10mm, 8mm)

Also to the right of the steel is a Wilton vise from Amazon Warehouse (for £104, returned item, seems reasonably tight and functional for what I want it for).

20231208_185422.jpg
Also from Amazon Warehouse for £13

I honestly thought it was a smallish hammer, turns out it's a lot bigger than I thought!

Next up is this:Oki20Microline20520e.jpg

Which turned into this (destined for the hard plastics section at the local authority recycling centre):

20231208_185242.jpg

and more importantly this:
20231208_185327.jpg
These bars do seem, when measured, really quite precicely ground. Not sure what I'm going to use it for but what the hell. Also got some nice gears, some pins and a little DC motor that might be of use.

Another Amazon Warehouse purchase, this little fella

20231208_185455.jpg

£19, seems surprisingly sturdy; it'll do until I do one of the many adjustable bench grinder rest projects out there.

Finally this:

20231208_184828.jpg
From our very own David. It's a brilliant book and I'd recommend it to anybody with a lathe.

I had decided to upgrade the somewhat cheesy torx wrenches that come with most insert holders, and was going to add a selection of whia wrenches to my ever-growing order with LMS for pickup at Cabin Fever when I found these at Amazon for not much more that the couple of wrenches I had picked out:

20231208 wiha Insert Wrenches.jpeg
Do I need all of these sizes (no, not yet, but you never know). The little stand is nice, fits in a nook on the shelf above my Mini-Lathe and now I shouldn't have any problem finding them.

I didn't buy these yet, but I'm going to head over to tractor supply up here at my son's in Conneticut .. seems like a good buy. Yes Porter Cables are not like the old Porter Cable (professional) but for the price, it puts them at 15 each so a 2 pack for 29.99 is great.
A Christmas gift to myself. Or one for me, and one for my son... hmmmm

edit: or not... seems like most are only ship to store or ship to home. I'll have to have it shipped to my home store when I get home. :oops:

Last edited:
Score!
$20
6ec336a02b0f8ab420105e255d28901a.jpg

Back