What Did You Buy Today?

[double post - second in 24 hours; what's wrong with me?]

Last edited:
Just eBay for me. I’m not on FB or any of those other sites. I just keep a close eye on this stuff on eBay and have messages back and forth with a lot of sellers on various items. Sometimes they work out well and have other stuff to offer, other times they don’t. Sometimes people I’ve bought from previously contact me with other things they’re selling.

In ‘real life’ I’ve never met an engineer (other than those I’ve bought off) or even seen another lathe or mill other than those I’ve owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh, kinda hate eBay, though I use it occasionally. Maybe I should grit my teeth and bear it a bit more if I can make some useful contacts for buying stuff. ;)

Nothing bought... friend passed away and he left all the tools to me... had to spend all day yesterday moving his tools over...

Three toolboxes full of all kind of tools, an air compressor (well, two)... vise, and a whole lot of other stuff... I have no clue where the hell I am going to store all this while the workshop is built (new date for the building going up is sometime in January).

View attachment 469359

View attachment 469360

Big tank of Argon/CO2 welding/shield gas for the Hobart mig welder. This probably spent more time being used by me than him, lol... he had the tools, I had just a little bit more skill than him, lol. We used to joke about it...

View attachment 469361
View attachment 469362

Extension cords of all sizes...

View attachment 469363
View attachment 469364

View attachment 469366View attachment 469365

Honda 10K generator... that I would go every year, before hurricane season, to clean the carb, charge or replace the battery, fill with ethanol-free gas...

View attachment 469368

Rest in Peace Hiram Vega...
So sorry for the loss of your friend. May he live on through the legacy you both share.

Back