VFD questions

Hello all, Here to ask a couple questions about a VFD. I am ready to pull the trigger on a VFD purchase for my Harig 618 surface grinder and I’m stuck,lol. Comes down to the Fuji or the hitachi wj200 however I’m not sure even which one to order. There’s so many. Was hoping for a little guidance. Thanks
do you have 3 phase in your shop? what size motor are you driving?

A 1.5kW vfd would be sufficient to run a 1hp surface grinder
I have tested very inexpensive vfd’s for many different purposes.
I have not experienced any failures with inexpensive vfd’s in real life operations on lathes, milling machines, packaging equipment and food processing equipment.

Have a look at a Huanyang 1.5kW single phase input 3 phase output
The manual is chinglish but easy enough to use
Programming is relatively simple
I ran my Boyar Shultz on it for a couple weeks before I upgraded electrical distribution

Good luck, whichever way you go
Thank you for your expertise. I ended up going with the Fuji electric from wolf automation

I have both. I would choose the Fuji. The WJ200 is an excellent VFD with capabilities FAR beyond anything you will ever need for your surface grinder and is MUCH more complex to program than my more basic Fuji. My Fuji is about 15 years old and I have not had any problems with it.
Thank you, I we t with your recommendations and got the Fuji WJ200 from wolf automation

Thank you, I we t with your recommendations and got the Fuji WJ200 from wolf automation
I also bought mine from them. They were recommended to me by American Rotary. I also have an American Rotary phase converter. Lots of good people in this industry.

Back