Now i can be like the cool kids on YouTube!

All three of them leaked. I snugged up the retaining nut that holds the pump rod the best I could for a second time. It has to be pretty tight to seal against the body through deformation.

One leaked through the pump rod seal so I snugged that too. Right now they are sitting full just waiting to see if they are better tomorrow.

They may tend to leak but they work extremely well. I'm hoping the guy still has a few tomorrow.

A strong magnet in the bottom of the can isn't a bad idea.....

20240729_080420.jpg

It doesn't hold super strong but it will stay put on the lathe or mill table. It has to be better than a lead wrap.

ETA: use a thin enough magnet to slide under the tube.

Last edited:
Workhorses of the shop.
Three Eagle 33's for way oil for three lathes.

Three Eagle 66's for dark cutting oil. One in the fab shop for the mill/drill and drill press and two floating in the shop.

A really nice older Golden Rod that pumps crazy easy for way oil in the fab shop for the Mill/drill and drill press.

A Golden Rod for 20 wt oil for the babbitt bearings in the Mulliner Enlund.

In the back is a 1 quart Golden Rod and large no name with SAE30 for lubing the gears and oil points on the big lathes. To say I use that oil liberaly is an understatement.

It's almost like I have a collection and I can't say no to a nice cheap oil pump can.

20240729_083435.jpg

I decided not to fill past the bottom of the spout. It took a minute to get them to stop leaking. Right now they are finally doing pretty well.

The guy selling them hasn't shown up to the flea market since I bought these.

Back