Now i can be like the cool kids on YouTube!

Why not re-seal it with solder if it's leaking. Clean it first, then acetone before soldering, and seal it over. If it turns out to be a big hole, just a simple patch (round) will do ya.
Mostly because it falls over easily....lol

Mostly because it falls over easily....lol
Then fix it, and thank yourself a thousand times over.

Goldenrod has ceased to earn any sort of positive remarks. Their new cans are complete garbage. Perhaps still made in the US, but the only difference is that now we can't blame China for the low quality. I'd jump on 50 Eagle cans at $10 ea...

GsT

Then fix it, and thank yourself a thousand times over.

Goldenrod has ceased to earn any sort of positive remarks. Their new cans are complete garbage. Perhaps still made in the US, but the only difference is that now we can't blame China for the low quality. I'd jump on 50 Eagle cans at $10 ea...

GsT

I don't need to re-solder and weight down a dented old oil can. It's sitting on a shelf making my shop look more interesting. Remember I have 3 like new working examples. I've got many additional pump oil cans.

I suppose I should give the old one away to someone who wants a project.

I don't need to re-solder and weight down a dented old oil can. It's sitting on a shelf making my shop look more interesting. Remember I have 3 like new working examples. I've got many additional pump oil cans.

I'll be in Ohio in a few months...

GsT

image.jpgimage.jpgI’ve got an early one, made before 1936. It has the narrow base, just eagle on the top. It leaked like crazy from cracks in the base so I put a very small amount of jb weld inside to seal it up.

blasphemy

Back