McMaster-Carr End Mills

I think that the unnamed items are from top notch suppliers who would not care to be known as discount suppliers so not exposing them as a lesser/discounted line allows them to save you a few bucks but not harm their quality branding. These suppliers don't rely on home shop buyers but on the major corporations who never question the price.

If brand is important to you, then McM is not the place to shop. I have always gotten high quality products from them, many times from brands I never heard of before. It’s been a while since I bought end mills from them, but I have a few YG end mills in my drawer that I believe I got from them, I’d be curious to hear what you get. I do know all my taps have been Widia.

Another place to check is Travers, you can select the brand you want, but I find them more expensive than McM some times, and their shipping cost is always higher too.

It's not really important. I shop at MSC a lot, and they seem to be on the high end with a lot of items, so when the McMaster-Carr EMs were more with no brand name it made me curious. I do like their next-day delivery and customer service reputation.

The reason I buy McMaster is SERVICE. Order by 5:30 PM, get it by 10:30 AM next day. AND always top quality.

Tell me another company that can match that.
Exactly, I don't know how they do it. If you can pool your orders to maximize shipping costs you are way ahead!

MSC pricing is absurd most of the time.

Try Suncoast tools if you want something specific and name brand. Shipping is only a few bucks and they carry all the majors.

It's not really important. I shop at MSC a lot, and they seem to be on the high end with a lot of items, so when the McMaster-Carr EMs were more with no brand name it made me curious. I do like their next-day delivery and customer service reputation.
That was surprising, McM is usually cheaper than MSC.

Exactly, I don't know how they do it. If you can pool your orders to maximize shipping costs you are way ahead!
I’ve been to the NJ warehouse a few times, their operation is impressive. My sister-in-law used to work in the shipping department. She said the packages are presorted at McM as they get packed, they have a separate trailer for each UPS distribution center and it goes directly there at the end of the day. By bypassing the local distribution center, they can do one day shipping to a larger area.

Give it a little time and Amazon will arrive at same day shipping. Unfortunately I think they are shooting to knock everyone else out of the box. Their warehousing size is incredible as the locations grow by the minute and you will find top brands to boot. I don't like it but it's going to happen.

I build a cart and place the order when I’ve added something that I need now. Do the same thing at Bolt Depot: fortunately both allow adding labels to each item so I can remember why I bought them.

Back