Major Fire Near Chico California

Yes, that patchwork is 20 acre logging cuts.

Current info is that the northern front is pretty much out. Latest activity is east and west along hwy 36 and south.
The activity on the west has caused some concern and prompted a few more evacuation orders and warnings on the hwy 44 corridor west of Shingletown.

Remain vigilant. I hope they've got this one stopped, but Calfire thought the Dixie fire was done twice. The second time was right before Greenville burned to the ground.

Hope everyone stays safe and out of harms way . Have a pic of where we ate last year out in Jasper . It was saved but the liquor store is gone next door .
1722371682016.png

Yes, that patchwork is 20 acre logging cuts.

Current info is that the northern front is pretty much out. Latest activity is east and west along hwy 36 and south.
The activity on the west has caused some concern and prompted a few more evacuation orders and warnings on the hwy 44 corridor west of Shingletown.
I am pleased to see they have maintained a line at 32. If it crosses there are communities to the East.
It does look like the 36 area hasn’t changed much. Good news!
I hear the forecast is for warmer weather with lightning. Great, more fires!

Remain vigilant. I hope they've got this one stopped, but Calfire thought the Dixie fire was done twice. The second time was right before Greenville burned to the ground.
The Dixie went over a million acres just for reference.
The Park fire is at 384,000 this morning.

I see the fire is closing in on your town Craig. Shingletown is evacuating in some parts.
Dang it. The northern movement has been a crawl.
Thinking about you Mr. Whooppeeee

I see the fire is closing in on your town Craig. Shingletown is evacuating in some parts.
Dang it. The northern movement has been a crawl.
Thinking about you Mr. Whooppeeee
All the info I'm seeing says movement is towards the east. Aside from the narrow finger on Little Inskip Hill that crossed Lanes Valley Rd, there has been no northward movement. They did elevate two evac zones to level 2 (Get Ready) down low on the west side of Shingletown.

I went up to get the mail yesterday, then on up to the house to check and water some plants. Aside from ash on the front steps it was all quiet and normal. Just the slightest smell of smoke in the air. A few of my neighbors appear to be home. There were no enforcement personnel or road/area closure signs at any intersection into the evacuation zone, so it's looking like a "soft" closure.

While at the house, I texted Heidi to ask if she wanted anything. Her reply? A bundt pan! Life goes on.

1722531840294.png

1722532771723.png

Great news!!
Hang in there buddy. This too will pass.
Let's hope the monsoons coming in will provide enough humidity to help the fire fighters.

We should institute the death penalty for those who commit crimes of this nature
Agreed! Since we are around 60% water, maybe they could dump the arsonist along with the fire retardant. But at a very low altitude.

MrWhoopee, I hope and pray that you and yours get through this terrible ordeal.

We've been downgraded to level 2 (Get Ready), so we're
GOIN' HOME!

Still on alert, the zones immediately to our east are still level 3 (Get Out), but as long as there isn't a sudden shift in the wind this should be over.

Back