Major Fire Near Chico California

48 hours later.
239,000 acres!!

307,000 acres this morning.

Last edited:
Hangin's too good for him.
I see Shingletown has evacuation orders.
If this jumps 36 how far would it have to go to get up near you?
This fire is a runaway train with nothing to stop it.

Man I hope you will be ok!!!

Edit, I see it jumped 36 last night!

We've loaded and moved most of the cars. Getting our last stuff together. Going to stay with my sister & BIL in Bella Vista. Hope it stops before it gets there.
So sorry to hear it.
Who ever would have imagined this fire could threatened you so far North.

Is your property cleared as suggested?

So far so good, the fire has stalled about three miles south of Manton and is still about 10 miles from our house. Had to move all the cars again today, the first place was still too close. We're safe and as comfortable as refugees can hope. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Keep them coming.

So far so good, the fire has stalled about three miles south of Manton and is still about 10 miles from our house. Had to move all the cars again today, the first place was still too close. We're safe and as comfortable as refugees can hope. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Keep them coming.
My wife and I were surprised to see the fire had slowed significantly to the North. Yeah!!
Yes, so far so good. Very little wind and I’m sure that and the cooler weather helps.
There are fire fighters from all over the state.
12% containment with 353,000 acres.

Glad to see you are taking the threat seriously.
I know a few people who stayed and tried to fight the Camp fire. Some serious illness and PTSD has been common.

Back