Home made lathe/mill adjustable feet (with pictures)

Is it just my browser or are the photos not showing up? I need ot make some feet and wanted to check these out.

Chris

I just deleted the attachments and edited the post to have full size pictures as I found out how to of Dave H, so it may have been that, let me know if you have trouble now.

Dave

I'm not saying that all gearheads have the same problem with sitting on concrete. Mine has a belt drive to the motor,and had a terrible problem before,when leveling it on the floor by driving oak wedges under it,I suddenly found that the awful finish it was leaving suddenly stopped. I had thought the gears were defective.

That sounds like a strange problem George, was it because it wasn't sitting solidly on the ground or the gibs snugged not up?
With the headstock being tied to the bed and the carriage being tied onto the bed, you wouldn't think what it was sitting on would course a bad finish, may a tapered one if it wasn't leveled properly.
With a 16 inch swing it should be a fairly rigid machine as well and be less prone to chatter as well.

Dave

I had 2 identical lathes that I went to Grizzly and picked out. One for work,and one for home. Both needed the wood shims. Both sat on concrete. Who knows?

Is it just my browser or are the photos not showing up? I need ot make some feet and wanted to check these out.

Chris

I have been noticing this with a lot of the threads ever since the change over in the board, pictures are missing.

I don't see any pictures on this thread either.

This one is a direct attachment, can you see this one?

Dave

Picture 004 (Large).jpg

Davo J

Nice looking job on those machine feet.
They look as good as store bought units. Real nice looking job

Paul

I used some leveling feet like George mentioned. Four at each end since my lathe is on what are basically two pedestals connected together. They have worked out well so far with no movement at all. It's on a concrete floor.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INLMKD&PMPXNO=5832301&PMAKA=325-6615

Ed

Those type of feet over here cost around $59 each, thats why I made mine. If I could get them for the same price as you guys I would buy them as well. Still these cost nothing because I had everything here that I picked up for nothing.

Dave

Back