Emco Super 11

Talked to the local armature company here.. they said to bring them the motor and they will find one that will match up to the machine that will be single phase.. 220v or 110v

i know one thing.. finding a mill is going to be a much harder search.. i do know.. i don't want no chy na mill.. period
I know the path you are on :) A Deckel would be the perfect match to the EMCO, standards are very similar. Very hard for me to use anything else after experienceing the euro stuff.

On the motor thing, as I stated previously, Emco doesn't show a 480v motor just the 440v. Hard to duplicate a 2 speed motor with a VFD. On my FP-1 it also has a 2 speed motor and I installed a VFD because at the time I didn't have 3 phase power available. At low speed it has no power. Now that I have 3 phase, I am thinking about "S" canning the VFD and running the machine on 3 phase with it switching for the two speeds. One thing you might consider is using a transformer on the motor that's on there now, to go from 220v to 440v or what ever it is. I do that on my other Deckel, which is 380v. I go from 208v to 380v. Here is a picture on what I used on that machine when I didn't have 3 phase at my old house. Transformer on the right.
42DBE907-A9FC-4D27-8400-850108ED8695.jpeg

I know the path you are on :) A Deckel would be the perfect match to the EMCO, standards are very similar. Very hard for me to use anything else after experienceing the euro stuff.

On the motor thing, as I stated previously, Emco doesn't show a 480v motor just the 440v. Hard to duplicate a 2 speed motor with a VFD. On my FP-1 it also has a 2 speed motor and I installed a VFD because at the time I didn't have 3 phase power available. At low speed it has no power. Now that I have 3 phase, I am thinking about "S" canning the VFD and running the machine on 3 phase with it switching for the two speeds. One thing you might consider is using a transformer on the motor that's on there now, to go from 220v to 440v or what ever it is. I do that on my other Deckel, which is 380v. I go from 208v to 380v. Here is a picture on what I used on that machine when I didn't have 3 phase at my old house. Transformer on the right.
View attachment 390728
and as i have stated before.. the motor he has listed as being on the machine is a 480V .. i don't know.. he got it from a gov auction.. so maybe it was used in R&D.. i have no clue to that fact.. i get it that you say that they only show 440V.. but i am just regurgitating what he had in the ad..

and as i have stated before.. the motor he has listed as being on the machine is a 480V .. i don't know.. he got it from a gov auction.. so maybe it was used in R&D.. i have no clue to that fact.. i get it that you say that they only show 440V.. but i am just regurgitating what he had in the ad..
Maybe it's replaced by a single speed motor? I guess you need to wait and see.

well the fella i find out.. listed the motor as 480, cuz his shop is wired that way.. the motor is indeed a 440

i have it at the house now.. too late to unload.. pics tomorrow..

Back