Emco Super 11

The price list shows that there was a total of six model #'s depending on what it was and that is not even considering the Super 11 SE.

I believe only Imperial models were commonly imported into the US, although you could certainly order metric lathes. The camlock models came with the 1" spindle bore but the models made right before they switched to the CD model also had the "big" 1-3/8" spindle bore that was standard on the CD.

I believe only Imperial models were commonly imported into the US, although you could certainly order metric lathes. The camlock models came with the 1" spindle bore but the models made right before they switched to the CD model also had the "big" 1-3/8" spindle bore that was standard on the CD.
once inch will be fine, most of my stuff is well under that.. if i have to.. will make a Cat

Cross your fingers and cross your legs, too, and hope yours has the larger spindle bore. You may not think you'll need the room but trust me; you will.

I'm excited for you! I hope you get it!

Cross your fingers and cross your legs, too, and hope yours has the larger spindle bore. You may not think you'll need the room but trust me; you will.

I'm excited for you! I hope you get it!
i asked him about the bore.. 1 3/8"

Either will work but given the cost of the tool holders for the multi-fix vs the readily available and cheap ones for the AXA, I would go for the AXA if cost is a concern. I have Aloris and Dorian AXA tool posts and find them to work quite well. Imported AXA tool posts will work fine.

I just noticed that the bottom of the stand on the headstock side will need to be repaired. Emco stands are heavy gauge steel and are worth fixing up. If you cannot do sheetmetal work, get some help.

Either will work but given the cost of the tool holders for the multi-fix vs the readily available and cheap ones for the AXA, I would go for the AXA if cost is a concern. I have Aloris and Dorian AXA tool posts and find them to work quite well. Imported AXA tool posts will work fine.

I just noticed that the bottom of the stand on the headstock side will need to be repaired. Emco stands are heavy gauge steel and are worth fixing up. If you cannot do sheetmetal work, get some help.
yeah.. sheet metal like welding are not in my bag of tricks

it also has a 480v three phase motor on it right now..

Back