Emco Super 11

Personally, I think that lathe is in pretty good shape. It is dry and will need some cleaning up but I'll bet it is a low-mileage lathe based on the little wear in the paint in places a heavily used lathe would show. The ways look good; no major dings I can see. It has a D1-4 camlock so it is a later model. Not sure what brand of chuck is on there but it looks to be in decent shape.

I do not see a carriage stop, thread dial indicator and it is missing the tailstock ram and handle for the cross slide hand wheel. You will need to fabricate a stud for a qctp but that is no biggie.

You do not mention if it comes with a steady or follow rest or any other tooling but if that lathe were to land in my area for under 3K, it would be gone before the ink dried on the ad. It may take some time but you will be able to replace the missing tailstock items from ebay. Ask if he has the change gear set for this lathe; you will need it for cutting some Imperial and metric threads. These come up on ebay but are not common and will go as fast as they appear. The thread dial indicator does show up but, like all Emco parts, tend to be expensive.

If I were you, I would jump. The lathe is going for a very nice price and this is one of the best lathes Emco made. It is made to a DIN tool room standard, has induction hardened ways, is quiet and smooth and with the standard real 2HP motor, it can do much more than an import 11" lathe can. I have had my Super 11 CD down to the last nut and bolt (except for the headstock innards) and I can tell you that this lathe is put together extremely well. No import lathe will even come close to the quality of this lathe, and while it will cost you some money to get it fully tooled up, it is worth it in my opinion.
Mike..i have been told what you see is what you get.. nothing more

Personally, I think that lathe is in pretty good shape. It is dry and will need some cleaning up but I'll bet it is a low-mileage lathe based on the little wear in the paint in places a heavily used lathe would show. The ways look good; no major dings I can see. It has a D1-4 camlock so it is a later model. Not sure what brand of chuck is on there but it looks to be in decent shape.

I do not see a carriage stop, thread dial indicator and it is missing the tailstock ram and handle for the cross slide hand wheel. You will need to fabricate a stud for a qctp but that is no biggie.

You do not mention if it comes with a steady or follow rest or any other tooling but if that lathe were to land in my area for under 3K, it would be gone before the ink dried on the ad. It may take some time but you will be able to replace the missing tailstock items from ebay. Ask if he has the change gear set for this lathe; you will need it for cutting some Imperial and metric threads. These come up on ebay but are not common and will go as fast as they appear. The thread dial indicator does show up but, like all Emco parts, tend to be expensive.

If I were you, I would jump. The lathe is going for a very nice price and this is one of the best lathes Emco made. It is made to a DIN tool room standard, has induction hardened ways, is quiet and smooth and with the standard real 2HP motor, it can do much more than an import 11" lathe can. I have had my Super 11 CD down to the last nut and bolt (except for the headstock innards) and I can tell you that this lathe is put together extremely well. No import lathe will even come close to the quality of this lathe, and while it will cost you some money to get it fully tooled up, it is worth it in my opinion.
1641080763360.png

i have sent him a message telling him that i will be there monday morning to pick it up..

Did you buy and install the foot brake? I have it but haven't installed it yet. Got it from a seller in France so it cost some bucks to ship it here but they are so rare that I jumped. Like you, I did not opt for the taper attachment and will not let a grinder near my lathe but my lathe is otherwise fully tooled up. I own 8 chucks (Rohm, Yuasa, Pratt Burnerd and one amazingly accurate ER40) so I have to stop buying chucks! Awesome lathe, I must say.
The footbrake was only offered for the SE model at the time and was priced at $189. The other item I didn't get was the chuck guard. I only have three chucks, two are the original 3 jaw and the independent 4 jaw. I wish I would of ordered the universal 4 jaw at the time. It's kinda of funny, first I purchased the Compact 8, then the FB-2 mill and then the Super 11 and the next thing I know is that Emco USA direct was trying to sell me the new FB-3 mill which I couldn't afford at the time. Big jump in price between the FB-2 and FB-3. If I had to do the Super 11 purchase over again, I should have purchased the V-13, but it was double the price.

The footbrake was only offered for the SE model at the time and was priced at $189. The other item I didn't get was the chuck guard. I only have three chucks, two are the original 3 jaw and the independent 4 jaw. I wish I would of ordered the universal 4 jaw at the time. It's kinda of funny, first I purchased the Compact 8, then the FB-2 mill and then the Super 11 and the next thing I know is that Emco USA direct was trying to sell me the new FB-3 mill which I couldn't afford at the time. Big jump in price between the FB-2 and FB-3. If I had to do the Super 11 purchase over again, I should have purchased the V-13, but it was double the price.

You have some nice machines! You also got them for a good price, at least compared to today's prices. I paid double for that foot brake but I wanted it so ...

The V13 is a nice lathe but it is NOT twice the lathe, not even close, even though it cost twice what a Super 11 cost. I actually think the Super 11 is the sweet spot in the Emco lineup. While I have only had my lathe for about 6 years now, I have never felt the need to have something bigger.

Mike..i have been told what you see is what you get.. nothing more
Get ready for some searching then. This guy sells the most Emco parts on ebay. There is a tailstock leadscrew for sale now. There is also a beat up ram; wait for a better one.

Emco parts are expensive because they are no longer made and you are competing with others across the country. If you see something you need, jump because it won't last long.

Get ready for some searching then. This guy sells the most Emco parts on ebay. There is a tailstock leadscrew for sale now. There is also a beat up ram; wait for a better one.

Emco parts are expensive because they are no longer made and you are competing with others across the country. If you see something you need, jump because it won't last long.
Roger that

yeah.. i have already been checking his store

Back