Emco Super 11

1641075346749.png

so the seller tells me..

"you mean w/ a moris taper bore. This does not use that, i believe it uses a special center that fits it only and the center is cranked in and out by the wheel".. "and probably a specific chuck to go in there..

oh boy

May I ask the asking price? It does appeared to have been used in a commercial setting by the way the conduit going out of the side of the electrical cabinet, stock comes out of the bottom where the grommets are. Are there any accessories ? I purchased mine new so I know what it is suppose to have. The items I didn't purchase was the grinder and the taper attachment, but I purchased pretty much everything else. In fact I still have the original price list from EMCO USA.

Last edited:
Also, FYI on the super 11, they changed the center height doing the production run, so be careful when purchasing the two steady rests.

May I ask the asking price? It does appeared to have been used in a commercial setting by the way the conduit going out of the side of the electrical cabinet, stock comes out of the bottom where the grommets are. Are there any accessories ? I purchased mine new so I know what it is suppose to have. The items I didn't purchase was the grinder and the taper attachment, but I purchased pretty much everything else. In fact I still have the original price list from EMCO USA.
right now the guy is trying to get 2750.00 for it

Personally, I think that lathe is in pretty good shape. It is dry and will need some cleaning up but I'll bet it is a low-mileage lathe based on the little wear in the paint in places a heavily used lathe would show. The ways look good; no major dings I can see. It has a D1-4 camlock so it is a later model. Not sure what brand of chuck is on there but it looks to be in decent shape.

I do not see a carriage stop, thread dial indicator and it is missing the tailstock ram and handle for the cross slide hand wheel. You will need to fabricate a stud for a qctp but that is no biggie.

You do not mention if it comes with a steady or follow rest or any other tooling but if that lathe were to land in my area for under 3K, it would be gone before the ink dried on the ad. It may take some time but you will be able to replace the missing tailstock items from ebay. Ask if he has the change gear set for this lathe; you will need it for cutting some Imperial and metric threads. These come up on ebay but are not common and will go as fast as they appear. The thread dial indicator does show up but, like all Emco parts, tend to be expensive.

If I were you, I would jump. The lathe is going for a very nice price and this is one of the best lathes Emco made. It is made to a DIN tool room standard, has induction hardened ways, is quiet and smooth and with the standard real 2HP motor, it can do much more than an import 11" lathe can. I have had my Super 11 CD down to the last nut and bolt (except for the headstock innards) and I can tell you that this lathe is put together extremely well. No import lathe will even come close to the quality of this lathe, and while it will cost you some money to get it fully tooled up, it is worth it in my opinion.

I purchased mine new so I know what it is suppose to have. The items I didn't purchase was the grinder and the taper attachment, but I purchased pretty much everything else. In fact I still have the original price list from EMCO USA.

Did you buy and install the foot brake? I have it but haven't installed it yet. Got it from a seller in France so it cost some bucks to ship it here but they are so rare that I jumped. Like you, I did not opt for the taper attachment and will not let a grinder near my lathe but my lathe is otherwise fully tooled up. I own 8 chucks (Rohm, Yuasa, Pratt Burnerd and one amazingly accurate ER40) so I have to stop buying chucks! Awesome lathe, I must say.

No import lathe will even come close to the quality of this lathe, and while it will cost you some money to get it fully tooled up, it is worth it in my opinion.
As Mikey stated, the fit and finish is way above any import lathe. Imports look like projects that haven't been completed. My EMCO manual machine price (dated 1988) shows the bare Super11 at $4495. Other question what voltage/phase is this machine and is it metric or inch? The price list shows that there was a total of six model #'s depending on what it was and that is not even considering the Super 11 SE.

Back