You know your a tool junkie when................

Speaking of mail box holders,I lost 2 mailboxes from idiots cutting the corner too close. Well,one guy claimed he was avoiding a pack of dogs. I don't believe that. I moved the mailbox farther from the corner,and made a mailbox holder from solid 2 1/2" square steel. It was VERY heavy. Had to carry it out on a hand truck and set it in concrete. Let the idiots hit THIS one!!!!!

Sorry, but the idiots will find a way, Murphy says so! I bet your mail box is the best looking one on the block!

When you finally get that 4th top box you wanted..............don't need but wanted :)

20141214_141740.jpg

20141214_141740.jpg

How about being 1 hour late for work just to pick up a great deal on another Drill press.
Or calling your buddy to ask him to go pick something for you while your still in the office !

That's a best friend !

When I found my Bridgeport I took off in the middle of the day to look at it, then took the next day off to go get it. I didn't want to wait and possibly find parts missing off it after I paid for it.

I probably paid too much for the tool box today, but I wanted it.

I missed an Ellis 1600 saw yesterday for $175. It's a $3k saw new. He never called me back :-(

Scored a toolbox today...

Was at the Harbor Freight store... looking to spend the 25% off coupon I had.

Was looking at this toolbox:
http://www.harborfreight.com/30-in-...iMTY5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p ZCI6IjEwNDA5In0=
Planning to remove the toolbox from the cart, and mount it under the chip pan on my lathe when it gets here...
Talked to the sales guy... he asked me to come back to the stockroom. He had one with the lid bent up... and the drawer lock pins (that lock the drawers when the lid is down) were messed up. He offered it to me for $75... took it.
For my use... I am gonna cut the top off, so the dented part and the lock pins do not matter.

I had been looking for an 'under the workbench' toolbox... they are all but non-existent...
Decided this was too good a deal to pass up.

Now if Matt will just get the lathe here... <grin>

Speaking of mail box holders,I lost 2 mailboxes from idiots cutting the corner too close. Well,one guy claimed he was avoiding a pack of dogs. I don't believe that. I moved the mailbox farther from the corner,and made a mailbox holder from solid 2 1/2" square steel. It was VERY heavy. Had to carry it out on a hand truck and set it in concrete. Let the idiots hit THIS one!!!!!

Slight thread jack, George your post reminded me when I was a kid in high school. In the early hours of Friday nights we would walk home from where ever and our track took us on "snake hill" a very curvy residential street where the houses had overly large front yards. Every Friday someone cut the curve, smashed the mailbox with a bat and tore up the yard. This happened 6 weeks in a row. One night there were a number of police cars and a wrecker at the house. The owner buried a steel teeter-totter/seesaw in the yard so that when a car drove across the yard the weight of the car on the pivot point would drive 2 steel bars up through the grass and they ripped the rear axle off the car. 45 years ago it was what the kid deserved, if it happened today I'm sure the owner would be in jail.
I hope no one minds the thread jack

Mike

Slight thread jack, George your post reminded me when I was a kid in high school. In the early hours of Friday nights we would walk home from where ever and our track took us on "snake hill" a very curvy residential street where the houses had overly large front yards. Every Friday someone cut the curve, smashed the mailbox with a bat and tore up the yard. This happened 6 weeks in a row. One night there were a number of police cars and a wrecker at the house. The owner buried a steel teeter-totter/seesaw in the yard so that when a car drove across the yard the weight of the car on the pivot point would drive 2 steel bars up through the grass and they ripped the rear axle off the car. 45 years ago it was what the kid deserved, if it happened today I'm sure the owner would be in jail.

Mike

And the kid would be the victim somehow. A friend of mine would get his mailbox destroyed by a baseball bat. His fix was a heavy steel plate box mounted on a large diameter thick wall pipe held in the ground by several hundred pounds of concrete. One morning there was the remnants of a shattered bat by the mail box but he doesn't have anymore mailbox problems.
Dave

Mike

And the kid would be the victim somehow. A friend of mine would get his mailbox destroyed by a baseball bat. His fix was a heavy steel plate box mounted on a large diameter thick wall pipe held in the ground by several hundred pounds of concrete. One morning there was the remnants of a shattered bat by the mail box but he doesn't have anymore mailbox problems.
Dave

In the state of GA... that would be referred to legally as a 'booby trap'... which is illegal and will get you may years in jail.

If memory serves... there was a case taken to court years ago (do not remember which state); similar to the second quoted post above; The high school kid's dad was an atty and tried to sue because his kid got a broken finger or wrist or something... from the recoil of the bat hitting an immovable object.
Judge threw out the case.

......when nice weather breaks and you finally get back into the garage/shop to start going through all the stuff that has piled up
in the only open area of floor space, and you realize that you have goodies from an estate sale that you picked up in October.
Kinda like Christmas in March.

Back