You know your a tool junkie when................

I do this all the time, life is boring without planning ahead. Inserts for "new" cutting tools, Cat 40 tools for the #2 Milwaukee mill, ect. I just found a 13X40 Accra-Turn lathe with CXA tool block and a D-1-5 spindle. Why did I NOT collect these parts?

Did sell my second watchmaker lathe only to buy my second atlas 10f. But the value of the accessories was worth more than the purchase price alone. Now to find the time and materials to make my own tools. Someday i will get all my tools together and put away. Maybe even take them out of the boxes.
Jack

I have three boys 8, 10 and 12 with the tools affliction and a wife who's a fair tool hand herself. To protect my investment they ALL have their own tool boxes each stocked with whatever tools they need/use. I'll NEVER tell them they can't get this or that tool if they want it. Ask to borrow a tool in my house and you'll get 5 of them. We need serious help, don't we?

my 6yr old girl as her own tool box.
got given a unimat sl lathe as restoration project which she as claimed as hers, cos it's right size for her.
as even got daddy time clothes that are covered in oil stains etc.
my 7yr old boy as own tools as well, but is more into welding / shaping metal.
this is bike he did lot of welding on.
t1.jpg he did some of turning on lathe to make brake disc holder.

your mate works at charity shop and brings you all the gooseneck lights as it would cost more to get them certified safe for sale than they would get.
i use them to make chip guard holders, magnifying lens holders and numerous other bits.
also at boot sale your youngest kids are rummaging through boxes for tools, and ignoring the toy's.

Between my three sons and me, there are four lathes to feed and three mills. We are always hungry and scrounging for another meal and just maybe some sweet desert!

Stay hungry my friends!

Gary

You use your precision level to set the level of the closet shoe shelf that you built for your wife.

SHELF LEVEL.jpg

You use your precision level to set the level of the closet shoe shelf that you built for your wife.

Yes indeed... the TJ got to use his tool...
Yet the wifey subtly got to see a use for the tool also... which was a VERY good choice IMO...

:aok:

I am not a tool junkie. I can quit buying tools whenever I wan't. Do not listen to my wife. I can quit!

You do buy that right? :bs:

Back