You know your a tool junkie when................

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
You know you a tool junkie when...........

You score and put them on here and someone from the UK says you officially suck

You only go to garage sales that say tools in the CL listing

You can' wait to get home to put your scores on here

Your girlfriend says........Now what did you buy? How much did you pay for that? Do you really need that?

You have 4 bottom tool chests and 3 top ones, and you want another top one because the 4th one looks naked with no top box on it

You stay up late bead blasting and painting your new (old) vise and post pics of it on here

You work for 2 months scraping grease, cleaning, sanding, and painting a $1300 Bridgeport and when your done with it the spot on the floor where it was looks empty and your looking for a new project to put there

You by a portable band saw for $20 and find it needs $30 worth of repair parts and still think you scored

I'm sure I'll come up with more as time goes along :)

You're in the shop working with said tools at 3:00 am, in your pajamas, on a project you woke up thinking about.
Don't laugh... I've done it.

Pat

I just read this to my GF. She said it sounds like something I'd do. She says my "wheels" are always turning :)

You're in the shop working with said tools at 3:00 am, in your pajamas, on a project you woke up thinking about.
Don't laugh... I've done it.

Pat

Yep, been there done that. Something finally "clicked" and woke me up. Then out to the shop to complete.

You also know you are a tool junkie when the wife sees the VISA charges and says "your cut off".:nono:

--- You raise the lower portion of the back seat of your truck and there is part of your haul from an estate sale,,,
(3) weeks ago, and you forgot about it...

--- Spending hours restoring an old tool gives you great satisfaction.

--- At estate/garage sales, you go through the same boxes a half a dozen times each to be sure you didn't miss anything.

--- You drift off at night thinking about how to squeeze another cubic foot of space out of your shop...

--- You hear about an auction on HM that you missed that was held 20 mins from your home, and you mope around for days...

--- You see a listing in the CL section that is 600 miles away and you try to figure out some way, any way to get to it or procure it.

--- You have a handful of certain favorite tools that you've had since forever and when you misplace one you will spend hours looking for it.

--- You turn comatose when you here from someone at work that they dumped off all of Granddad's shop stuff at the local thrift store.

and if you're lucky,
--- Your S.O. txt's you picts from a sale and scores you an unusual piece that you _don't_ have in your collection.

When you have 10 lifetimes of tools, projects and your garage has more square footage than your house and filled up to the top of the rafters with crap….and you only have 1 lifetime to do something about it.

Back