You know your a tool junkie when................

You consider taking some precious time away from your shop to make up a sign that says "will work for tools" but decide that you can't afford to be away from your babies long enough to be worth while.

You know your a tool junkie when on Saturday night after your work/fun is done for the day you take a relaxing beverage out to the shop to look at all your toys and ponder solution to various challenges you are having with the 1001 projects in various stages of completion.... TV sucks and this is so much more relaxing, in fact I am doing it now!

Went to a estate sale yesterday and came home with about 20 lbs of drills, taps, endmills, rex95, etc., plus a Palmgren 8 rotary table.
Bad part of it is I have tons of drills, taps, and endmills already!

In the state of GA... that would be referred to legally as a 'booby trap'... which is illegal and will get you may years in jail.

If memory serves... there was a case taken to court years ago (do not remember which state); similar to the second quoted post above; The high school kid's dad was an atty and tried to sue because his kid got a broken finger or wrist or something... from the recoil of the bat hitting an immovable object.
Judge threw out the case.

The best case of mailbox vandal revenge I know of was in Connecticut. A fellow in one neighborhood being plagued with mailbox vandals placed a box about 1" thick, 5 or so inches high and the length of the mailbox on the right side of his mailbox. Inside the box was a big plastic bag full of a strong solution of Methylene Blue with a zip lock opening facing the street. After a week or so, his mailbox was hit. The next day he called the police to report the incident and told them to call the local school Principals and inquire if any students arrived with a blue face or hands. They did, there was, and there were no further smashed mailboxes. Harmless and effective.

When you out grow your first 1300 sf in 16 years and put your babies in a 3200 sf so they can breathe. We hate crowds!
Wife ...."you left the music on in your shop"
Me... "The machines like the song"
Wife..."and the lights are on"
Me... "they don't like the dark"
you get it.....right? Haha

But ,your honor, I'm a welder and tend to make sturdy things. No booby trap was intended.........hehehehehehehehe

But ,your honor, I'm a welder and tend to make sturdy things. No booby trap was intended.........hehehehehehehehe

Yeah... that should work.

The problem, IMO, is when the 'design' crosses over from 'sturdy' to 'offensive'... as in the mailbox kicks back and causes injury.

I like the blue idea.... kids will understand that well... :)

Best mailbox revenge was, A coworker's mailbox was getting smashed and pushed over every couple of days, His Dad owned a junkyard and suggested auto coil springs as a replacement mail box post. They installed the post and decided to make a custom mailbox out of 1/4" plate, dug a small hole along side the mailbox figuring the driver would see it and go elsewhere. A week or so later while eating supper at 5:30 they heard several dongs coming from the road. Looked out and a truck tried to push the post over and got stuck. The mailbox got revenge and dinged the hood as it was spring mounted. They watched from the house, perpetrators knew they were seen, no one volunteered to help dig them out, had to do it on their own. Problem solved, revenge enacted was self induced, hurts more. :)

Back