You know your a tool junkie when................

Your bride comes out looks at you .. and then ..the machine on the trailer..
You said to you Bride (like a kid with a found puppy ) "It followed me home ..Can I keep it ?"
Her reply "It's dirty....OK.. you can keep it... but I'll clean it up"
She spent 5 days clean and polishing it .

And you know that BOTH are keepers.!

Robbie

You are a lucky man indeed.

My lady is much the same. We went to a swap met this last weekend to show my transmission conversions. And on the way we hit 4 wrecking yards and I found 2 transmissions to buy. She pulled the shifter boot and shifter while I was underneath pulling the trans. She loves going to places like that. Calls it an adventure :)

And the entire weekend she was there a the swap meet with me in our booth. Didn't complain even once.

When you buy a tig welder today for $600 and you have never tig welded before, but it looks like fun to learn to use it.

20141019_162723.jpg20141019_162908.jpg

20141019_162723.jpg 20141019_162908.jpg

When last night at 8:21 pm a tool sale ad came up on CL for 8 am today, and you kick yourself for making that front end alignment appointment for 8 today. Never mind that you spent $600 for new tires last week and you know your front end is out............you still consider cancelling the appointment. But reason (and your GF reminding you about that $600 you just spent) takes over and you go to get the alignment. But all the while you are waiting you know there are deals slipping through your fingers.

So you race 24 miles to the sale wishing the slow drivers had enough brains to stay in the right lane and get the finally. The sale isn't as big as the pics make it out to be, but still some decent stuff there.

A Milwaukee deep cut portable band saw for $50.....................hmmm.............I have a portable band saw. But this one is a deep cut and you tell yourself they go for $150 on CL all day long. So I grab it. Then spot a new 1/2" x 20 Helicoil kit for $2. Do I need this...........heck.........for $2 I can't pass it up. Then there is the valve spring compressor for $4, and the American made wire strippers for $3. My strippers have a big wide jaw at the tip, these are thin. Then there is the 1/4" die grinder for $5 with the roll lock setup on it.

I get home with my booty and my GF says you already have a saw like that. I say but dear it's a deep cut and mine isn't. She wasn't' impressed. Oh well............I'm the tool junkie not her and I'm the one standing on my feet 10 hours a day running VMC's making the money to buy my toys.

It was a good day :)
20141213_102655.jpg

Twins :)
20141213_103935.jpg

20141213_102655.jpg 20141213_103935.jpg

Your a tool junkie when you have two working (*Working!*) lathes and are looking for another......

When you come across this just sitting there and it's yours for a few notes, you have no need or room for it and no desire to restore it, but it keeps nagging at you and won't stop!

IMG_1852.JPG

Bernard

IMG_1852.JPG

That would make an interesting ....erm..... mailbox holder.

That should stave-off the urge to restore it...

Speaking of mail box holders,I lost 2 mailboxes from idiots cutting the corner too close. Well,one guy claimed he was avoiding a pack of dogs. I don't believe that. I moved the mailbox farther from the corner,and made a mailbox holder from solid 2 1/2" square steel. It was VERY heavy. Had to carry it out on a hand truck and set it in concrete. Let the idiots hit THIS one!!!!!

When you go out to buy some food and comes home with a pouch with 12 small screw drivers for 80 dollars :shopping:
I may be excused to some extent by only having low quality screw drivers in these sizes that becomes damaged or damage thing the first time they are used. Wera tools are based in Germany and if the tools are made there or at some other place under their control you know they are top notch.

You never regret buying high quality stuff, which usually costs substantially more than items that are primarily fabricated to be cheep and sold in mass quantities. The problems comes with cheep-silliness.

DSC03401.JPG

DSC03401.JPG

You talk to your tools.......they talk back to you......your wife walks into your garage and interrupts your intellectual conversation with...your tools.

OMG I Do This Too !

Some times I think ONLY my tool understand me ...

Your a tool junkie when you have two working (*Working!*) lathes and are looking for another......

Well if you bought just one more lathe that wouldn't be an even number. :)

Back