You know you are a Hobby-Machinist when....

When you finish re-bushing a cast part the can't resist chucking it up and 'tidying it up' just for turning cast iron practice...

When all the machines and accessories You still need are under 500 lbs. each. A Pro is over 500 lbs.

When you promise your wife you would spend a quiet Sunday afternoon with her in front of the TV. Then get so bored that you use some lame excuse to go into the workshop to fix the broken corkscrew because you want to open a bottle of Red wine, while you know there are maybe 4 other working ones in the kitchen drawer.
kurktrekker.jpg

kurktrekker.jpg

When you promise your wife you would spend a quiet Sunday afternoon with her in front of the TV. Then get so bored that you use some lame excuse to go into the workshop to fix the broken corkscrew because you want to open a bottle of Red wine, while you know there are maybe 4 other working ones in the kitchen drawer.

The perfect machinist is the one who makes a left-handed corkscrew… so other people find difficult to drink his wine
:roflmao:

When you spend more time repairing and modifying your machines than you do building projects.

when you quit mowing the yard when i'ts only half done, grab the wife (. i don't drive much) and head to town on a wild goose chase concerning a unknown metal lathe.
read my other post. looking for rita for a good laugh.
thanks ron

You know you are a Hobby-Machinist when you get the phone number of Miss Angle Grinder on the 2014 calendar (you know, the girl with a bikini made just of sparks coming from the grinder she's using) and you call her to hear her impressions about the angle grinder.

When you have no idea who Micheal Schumacher, tiger woods or lionel messi are but do know who tom lipton and Harold hall are!

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Back