You know you are a Hobby-Machinist when....

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
...it's 98 degrees outside, and you're in a steaming hot basement giving herself a third hernia lifting a milling table into position to get it on the knee of an 1800 pound mill that you slid down your basement steps.... :nuts:

What about YOU? How do YOU know you are a Hobby-Machinist?

:tiphat:Nelson

When you cause an accident rubbernecking past yard sales looking for that box of dull end mills amongst piles of clothes and kid's toys...

John

When you spot that weird gizmo under the table at the yard sale and actually know what it is ... and you're willing to pay the $5 asking price. :drool:

When you will entrust your life with that little Brass Nipple you made to replace the poured lead Nipple that broke off the end of the Brake Cable.

OR

The kids ain't got shoes for school, the Wife ain't got food to put on the table, But you Got $100.00 to go to the Tooling shop. (True Story)

OR

the Milling Machine in your shed is worth more than the double wide you live in.

AND MOST ESPECIALLY
If you are the Man that Owned this lathe

dutch_lathe2.jpgdutch_lathe.jpg

dutch_lathe2.jpg dutch_lathe.jpg

When you find doing machine work in your free time is more enjoyable than what you did before doing machine work.

When youre walking through a store and look at everything and think to yourself that "I can make that better than they did, for less money and better quality". As a former welder, I look at every weld I come across and marvel at what they are getting away with calling welded. My wife hates taking me to flea markets and garage sales because I always buy something I dont :"nned" to fix up and never resell. Yup, I am definately a pack rat errrr. Hobby Machinist...
Bob

When you have yourself believing that more ( and better ) tools will help the quality of your machine work more than practice would !:whistle::whistle::lmao::whistle:

When you spend more time working on your machines than with your machines.

When you start answering a thread like this one, :rofl:

"Billy G" :nuts:

Back