What Did You Buy Today?

A shiny new Shars 12” dial caliper showed up on the porch today. The dial is bigger than those on my 6” calipers and it’s silky smooth. A few days ago I got an 18” vernier caliper off of ebay. I had to have a way to accurately measure longer workpieces and a ruler just wasn’t doing it.

BTW, anyone contemplating getting an 18” caliper should know something. It’s a beast! It’s about 24-1/2” long, 5-1/2” tall and weighs almost 3 pounds. I just didn’t realize how massive it would be. The 12” caliper is just a little more massive than the 6” and handles much like the 6” one. The 18” model is better suited for handling with both hands.

@mattthemuppet2

Nice purchase. Now the fun begins.

I'm shopping for a VFD. Please provide a link to where you decided to buy yours.

I'm also curious whether the bottom plates (where the conduit holes are) are made of plastic or metal.
The reason I ask is because I bought a used machine with an older Allen-Bradley VFD attached. While cleaning everything up, I found the plate was made of plastic and broken in half (through two of the conduit holes). I was under the impression that Allen-Bradley equipment was top drawer industrial quality and that plate was not up to that standard.

@mattthemuppet2

Nice purchase. Now the fun begins.

I'm shopping for a VFD. Please provide a link to where you decided to buy yours.

I'm also curious whether the bottom plates (where the conduit holes are) are made of plastic or metal.
The reason I ask is because I bought a used machine with an older Allen-Bradley VFD attached. While cleaning everything up, I found the plate was made of plastic and broken in half (through two of the conduit holes). I was under the impression that Allen-Bradley equipment was top drawer industrial quality and that plate was not up to that standard.
In our day and age, brand reputation is an asset that management deals away to advance their personal career and financial benefit.

Back