Vaccum cleaner for the shop?

I use a small shop vac (maybe 3.5 gal) with a bag. It's small easy to move around and stores out of the way.

I went to Lowe's yesterday and stopped by the vac aisle on account of this thread and my incoming dustoppers. They carry a ton of stuff in the shop vac brand, but it's just a label that has been borrowed from the old brand name. At least it's a source for "universal" chicom parts, but not the same.
They may be better. The old brand would be hard to make worse...

GsT

Hello.

My shop is a mess. Always a lot of chips of metal everywhere, and I don´t mean the floor, that is easy to sweep. I mean the lathe, the mill, etc... (they are mini)

So I looking for a vaccum cleaner, but there is to types: With disposable bag or with a filter that you clean. What typer is better for metal chops and that kind of things?

Off course course I won´t use it for long chips, these are easy to remove by hand

Thank you

Best regards
This is what I use. Works great and easy to pick up by bucket handle. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...0EDB83A96448092718A80EDB83A96448092&FORM=VIRE

Hose is too small.
For sawdust and chips, a 1-1/4" hose is OK. I've found that 2-1/2" hose is too stiff unless you have a lot of empty space in the shop (and I don't know of anyone with that particular problem).

For my basement shop, the 1-7/8" flexible hose has worked best (scroll back a few pages to see my setup and how I got there: Post #29). In the garage, I have a Craftsman wall-mount with an oddball 2+" hose that is good for the cars and general cleaning.

Back