Vaccum cleaner for the shop?

Thanks a lot, @wachuko. Now I have TWO dustoppers coming my way.

Crazy good deal:
Is that for real!!!?? I am ordering those as well!! Thank YOU!

Here is my setup for both the woodworking side and metalworking. The cyclone is a Dust Deputy which works great. The current setup is too tippy, so I am going to re-route it to the bottom with some 3D-printed parts and a length of PVC.

Attachments

• PXL_20221110_012125435.jpg
    PXL_20221110_012125435.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 23
Is that for real!!!?? I am ordering those as well!! Thank YOU!
Well, you posted the first I've ever heard of the dustopper above, and that rabbithole dive is set to end with a UPS truck.

I actually have three shop vacs. One for the blast cabinet, one for the machine shop, and one big mother for the main bay. I need a cyclone for the blast cabinet, that's the main thing. But a twofer... I think I can trade my filter bags for a swarf bucket if it means no swarf in the filter and no consumables needed.

I have a dust deputy on a shop vac that I’ve used for wood working; will eventually set up the clearvue cyclone dust collector I bought recently. In the metal shop, I have a whole-house vacuum my buddy ripped out of his house, with a mini clearvue cyclone. Love it.
d7af7b10a3eca6dd324d26f1cd5e8358.jpg

That has a hard pipe over to the machine area:
f394305b4e9d183f83ccc487c756b84a.jpg

That hose can reach both the mill and lathe. The printed nozzle stops big swarf and unintended items (makes it easy to clean up tool box drawers) and fits in the mill’s t-slots.

Thanks a lot, @wachuko. Now I have TWO dustoppers coming my way.

Crazy good deal:
Thanks - I just ordered mine. It's a smoke'n deal. I needed one with a lower profile than the Dust Deputy to fit on the shelf under my sandblaster. It was inconvenient having to remove the top to store it on the shelf. These are a must for the sandblaster.

I had a Shop-Vac for years with the 1-1/4" hose. It would constantly jam from long swarf. I had to replace the end nozzle from being eaten away by the metal chips. The hose was starting to get eaten away as well and had holes in it.

Since Shop-Vac is out of business, I gave it away and bought the 12 gallon Rigid with 2-1/2" hose. This vacuum doesn't jam and I'm hoping I can get parts for it for a long time when the metal chips starts eroding away the nozzles and hose. The filter is easy to replace and should be available for years ( I hope!).

The only downside of this vacuum compared to my old one is that the hose isn't as flexible since it's double in diameter. Otherwise, I really like it.
The original company may be long gone, but according to Home Depot an "Asian" company GreatStar bought the company in early 2020 and reopened the factory in Williamsport.

I went to Lowe's yesterday and stopped by the vac aisle on account of this thread and my incoming dustoppers. They carry a ton of stuff in the shop vac brand, but it's just a label that has been borrowed from the old brand name. At least it's a source for "universal" chicom parts, but not the same.

Back