Toolbox and random tool repair questions

That looks great! Before asking for the photo I searched everywhere for one... Not one photo to be found... Only found this one and it was not the same toolbox:

Machinist Handbook in Toolbox-2.JPG

I have to find one of those 526 toolboxes... Without breaking the bank...

Well... found one just now... 3 hour drive... Waiting for the seller to respond.

I ended up ordering two yards of the adhesive backed anti-tarnish cloth in brown. Arrived yesterday. Now to ask my better half to cut it to size using her Cricut...

IMG_2877.jpeg

And the calipers that arrived... the spring was huge! Not something I can use with my caliper. Will search for another cheap caliper with a smaller spring.

IMG_2876.jpeg

Cleaned the inside...

IMG_2878.jpeg

Removed the drawer's slides...

IMG_2886.jpeg

Cleaned again...

IMG_2883.jpeg

And painted all the inside with Rust Oleum Hammered Brown spray paint...

IMG_2887.jpeg

I will leave the inside of the top area untouched...

IMG_2889.jpeg

Now I can tape everything that I do not want to remove the paint from... use the grinding wheel to remove all the paint on the outside. Not worth trying to save the front, sides, and bottom as there was a lot of damage on the paint on those areas... Then on to paint with Rust Oleum as well...

I will also leave the top of the lid as is as well, to avoid loosing the Kennedy logo. It will be just the top as the bend towards the front needs to be painted...

The rusted areas I filled with JB-Weld and now sanding and shaping that area to make it blend with the rest...

IMG_2879.jpeg

You can take the lock out, there's a clip behind it, and it will make it easy to clean around it, and/or buff the lock if you are so inclined.

You can take the lock out, there's a clip behind it, and it will make it easy to clean around it, and/or buff the lock if you are so inclined.

Did not know that. Perfect. I will remove it and polish/buff it. Thank you!

Removed the lock... Thank you @woodchucker !

IMG_2890.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

IMG_2892.jpeg

Too pitted to get a better finish... but at least it is clean...

IMG_2894.jpeg

Same with the latches...

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2897.jpeg

And areas covered... will sand in the morning and get it ready for paint...

IMG_2901.jpeg

IMG_2902.jpeg

IMG_2903.jpeg

Also, found a 526 toolbox... probably paid too much for its condition, but everything else was way above 100.00...

Paid 75.00 for it... will need a lot of TLC... glad I got the 2 yards of felt...

526-1.jpeg
526-2.jpeg
526-3.jpeg
526-4.jpeg

With this, I am done with searching for toolboxes...

Back