Toolbox and random tool repair questions

There... fixed... :D

The inexpensive calipers should be here tomorrow... One of the springs from those should do it.
That should do the trick. I used a piece of scrapped bandsaw blade for mine (bi-metal, grind the HSS teeth off). The back is spring tempered, and will bend safely over a decent (3/8") radius.

btw, here's my restore of a 520. I thought I had posted it here years ago, I can't find it.

Very nice!!

undefined - Imgur.jpg

I am on my way to Lowes... they have Krylon Hammered Brown or Cocoa Brown... going to give one of those a try.

I am just doing the outside... keeping the inside original... I do need to install felt in the drawers of the older box...

BTW, the liner I picked up was a self stick liner on Amazon for $18, it did almost 2 full boxes. I apparently missed a draw in one of my Kennedy's..
I have 3 uppers and 2 lowers. ones a 526 or 528... can't remember the number, the one with the draw for machinery's handbook.

One is a Craftsman 520, I replaced the trays with lining.. and that's one where I missed a draw.

BTW, the liner I picked up was a self stick liner on Amazon for $18, it did almost 2 full boxes. I apparently missed a draw in one of my Kennedy's..
I have 3 uppers and 2 lowers. ones a 526 or 528... can't remember the number, the one with the draw for machinery's handbook.

One is a Craftsman 520, I replaced the trays with lining.. and that's one where I missed a draw.
Any chance you have the link to that liner in your history of orders? And can share the link to it?

Wait, there is one that can fit the machinery’s handbook??

EDIT: Okay…has to be the 526. Let me see if I can find a used one. @woodchucker , If not too much trouble, mind sharing a photo of the handbook in the drawer?

Last edited:
Any chance you have the link to that liner in your history of orders? And can share the link to it?

Wait, there is one that can fit the machinery’s handbook??

EDIT: Okay…has to be the 526. Let me see if I can find a used one. @woodchucker , If not too much trouble, mind sharing a photo of the handbook in the drawer?
i don't have the link, sorry, too many years.

This one?

Self Adhesive Velvet Flocking Liner for Jewelry Drawer Art Crafts DIY Project Coffee Color Velvet Fabric Peel and Stick Drawer Velvet Liner 17.7" x 78.7" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HKTVCLN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JN381MZVD9YMMQENHPMX
this is closer, but it doesn't have the self stick.

nancy's might have been the vendor, looks like they have different colors, but no self adhesive.. I would ask the vendor. The inhibitor seems to be doing a good job.

Back