Toolbox and random tool repair questions

And the calipers that arrived... the spring was huge! Not something I can use with my caliper. Will search for another cheap caliper with a smaller spring.
Here's my repair. I stoned the teeth off the dull scrap bandsaw blade with a sharpening stone because I didn't want to throw sparks with my die grinder. Left a shadow of a few teeth, but it was surprisingly fast.

Attachments

• fixcalip.jpg
    fixcalip.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 21
Making it out of a bandsaw blade???!! I can give that a try. Thanks.

So paint applied on the second 520 toolbox. The one that had perforations due to rust on the bottom.

IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2908.jpeg

As mentioned, decided to leave the top original to keep the Kennedy logo... maybe not the best idea... oh well...

IMG_2909.jpeg

The bottom was very rough... but at least there are no chunks missing...

IMG_2910.jpeg

Side by side... The oldest one, will not be painting it. Will keep it as it is right now. Will only install new felt in the drawers...

IMG_2912.jpeg
IMG_2915.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg

The front cover has the middle insert to secure it in place if the top lid is open... that is not present on the old one... Different pulls as well... I prefer the old style as it is easier to pull out.

IMG_2918.jpeg
IMG_2917.jpeg

And the obvious difference in the handles...

IMG_2920.jpeg
IMG_2919.jpeg

Last of the toolboxes arrived. Will need lots of TLC... Thankfully, no rust holes. Just surface rust.

IMG_2983.jpeg
IMG_2985.jpeg

The slides are the ones with the clips, so easy to remove. New felt also needed all around.

IMG_2986.jpeg

Very happy that I can find a place for the handbook.

IMG_2984.jpeg

Also, found a 526 toolbox... probably paid too much for its condition, but everything else was way above 100.00...

Paid 75.00 for it... will need a lot of TLC... glad I got the 2 yards of felt...

With this, I am done with searching for toolboxes...
That's what you think ;)
Some of the guys here probably have upwards of 10 boxes.. a few 20 boxes..
There's never enough storage.. I think machinists are worse than woodworkers as far as the number of tools.

Yeah, welding it is not an option... that is why I was trying to see if those bow springs were available... Same divider in eBay is around 40.00...
I have 100 or so of these calipers . If you need something , let me know . ;)

That's what you think ;)
Some of the guys here probably have upwards of 10 boxes.. a few 20 boxes..
There's never enough storage.. I think machinists are worse than woodworkers as far as the number of tools.
:D. Good to know!! Then let me just say and any additional toolbox that I buy, cannot come thru my front door... it will have to be sneaked into the garage...

There is a certain CFO that would have an issue if she sees me dragging (her own words) another old carp when she is trying to trow away/get rid of our old carp...

Back