Toolbox and random tool repair questions

I use the metal strips from an old file hanger (file cabinet).
That is what I first tried. But the ones I have were too wide for this box…. …and not easy to make narrower.

Reason for modifying the saw blades as I did not have anything else that I could make work.

Might as well document it here... The second box, that I bought today, has the easy to remove clips... removing these drawers was a breeze.

IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg

Removed all to be able to take it outside to deal with the rusted areas...

Took a soft grinder pad to it...

IMG_2775.jpeg

I will need to figure out what is the best way to fix that...

IMG_2776.jpeg
IMG_2777.jpeg

Cleaned the inside bottom section as well...

IMG_2778.jpeg

And applied a coat of wrinkled black paint to protect it while I fix the holes in the bottom...

IMG_2782.jpeg

Has anyone found a matching factory color for these boxes without having to pay 30.00+ (or 45 in Amazon! )for a can from Kennedy Manufacturing?

Looks like bronze brown... I have bronze gray (the stuff used for the screen room frames)... too gray...

Will take one of the drawers with me to ACE Hardware and see if I can find something close to it...

I didn't find any..
I opted to paint mine rustoleum brown... It looks great, and it was WAY cheaper.
I did pick up some (I think VH1) at the auto place for the crinkle, but I never applied it. I left it smooth... I'll use the black crinkle on something cool..

Back