Toolbox and random tool repair questions

Take a screwdriver and lift the spring rail on the outside of the drawer and it slides out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I think you might have misunderstood, or maybe I did. Buy one just like it, take the spring off the cheap one and put it on the Starrett one, then throw the remains of the cheap one away.

OR

Make your own replacement spring.
You are correct, I did not understand the initial comment… I get it now.

7.95 for a set of three cheap caliper/dividers (from Amazon) with a spring that will work. Ordering that now.

Last edited:
Take a screwdriver and lift the spring rail on the outside of the drawer and it slides out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Not the setup that I have... I think that is what this video calls out... at 2:15

But mine is different... does not have that spring/clip on the rail...

IMG_2722.jpeg

Keep the patina and use it for old tools ;)

Looks like I will have to do that...

I did not wanted to touch the inside... top lid has the dates of all prior owners:

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2728.jpeg

IMG_2700.jpeg

The drawers faces just need to be cleaned... But I wanted to refresh the outside.

Wanted the drawers out to clean and install some felt and avoid anything that I do on the outside to mess with the drawers...

But I can't get the darn drawers out...

Last edited:
Go to antique stores, tools like that are very cheap as the market is flooded with them. Usually found in bins with many unrelated items.
Pierre

Wow, clever! I didn't know how to do do this. A great use for dead hacksaw blades.

Back