The Great Screwdriver Discussion of 2024

Gray Tools makes a really nice screwdriver. They just have the acetal handles, but the steel is great. I really like my set.
Martin

Personally, I like screwdrivers that have a shank where a small boe wrench can be used.
Allows me to really come down on the screwdriver with body weight and still easily turn it.
For JIS screws I usually just grab my impact driver set. The tips in the impact driver are close to JIS and are designed not to “cam out” like phillips. I don’t use it like an impact and the large “handle” makes for easy gripping with my arthritic old hands.

I hate cheap screwdrivers. Tips breaking, philips rounding out, uncomfortable handles. Even the old USA made Craftsman have a lot to be desired. I finally gave up and bought Snap On brand screw drivers. They have been awesome and fit in the hand comfortably. Of course, they are not cheap. I see they are about twice as much as they were when I bought them 20 years ago.

Will JIS tips also drive standard Phillips? Or do you need 3 sets of blades?

Will JIS tips also drive standard Phillips? Or do you need 3 sets of blades?
They work fine in phillips in my experience. I actually find them better as they are less likely to jump out and chew up the cross slots…

Reactions: rwm
Back