The Great Screwdriver Discussion of 2024

Hazet makes absolutely wonderful tools, especially screw drivers.

PB Swiss Classic handle screwdrivers are not the only screwdrivers I very much like. I also have a full set of these Japanese Anex drivers.

IMG_8521.jpeg

These are an absolute bang for the buck! An individual driver costs a whopping 120¥ (85¢) and the overall feeling of quality is on par with (or even above) the Proto 96** acetate handle drivers. Not PB Swiss quality, but still very good. Might as well get the stubby ones in the future.

Hazet makes absolutely wonderful tools, especially screw drivers.
Indeed, another classic!

At some point Hazet changed the direction knobs on their ratchets into plastic ones and needless to say, they were breaking constantly. Of course they replaced the knobs for free, but still… pretty annoying.

Never heard of any issues with their screwdrivers, only positive feedback.

I have never seen a Hazet socket set or ratchet. I purchased mine through the foreign car dealership I worked at.(last century memories)
I actually purchased them to work on Mercedes Benz, when removing interior panels ,especially the wood trim it was imperative to have a perfect fitting , non marring tool..
They were expensive but not quite snap off expensive. .
I also bought some specialty wrenches from them and some open end wrenches.
I am not fond of open end wrenches (open end on both ends) I like a combination wrench, box to break loose and open to speed.
But I'm poor and bought what I needed and could afford at the time.
They are what other brands of open end wrenches dream of being like when they grow up!

I went ahead and ordered the VESSEL 4500 screwdriver 8-piece set. Thank you for the recommendation.

Me Too

Screwdriver Set.png

Of course, I had to get the two that were not in the set... because you know, reasons :)

Screwdriver.png
Maybe the forum can start a screwdriver buyers anonymous support group sub forum :rolleyes:

Tried them out. Outstanding! Love the knurled section below the handle. Great for spinning the screw in or out.

Me Too

View attachment 457154

Of course, I had to get the two that were not in the set... because you know, reasons :)

View attachment 457155
Maybe the forum can start a screwdriver buyers anonymous support group sub forum :rolleyes:

Tried them out. Outstanding! Love the knurled section below the handle. Great for spinning the screw in or out.

Excellent choice! Now you need the Impacta jobbies! A #2 & #3. They are super useful!

Great choice @Jeff.64 :geek:

Yes we know. My last night’s purchases:

IMG_8544.jpeg

IMG_8545.jpeg

It almost seems like PB Swiss is trying to discontinue products faster than I am able to buy.

I probably should seek some form of help.

Back